Sha'arei Bina Torah Academy For Girls
5.00 (1 review)
- Sha'arei Bina is a school that was formed by lay leadership realizing a gap in the community vis- -vis our uniqueness.
- The process that they went through was researching similar schools throughout the country and consultation with local leaders.
- Sha'arei Bina is dedicated to the principle enunciated in Mishlei, "Chanoch la naar al pi darcho," which means educate the child according to his or her individual aptitude and talents.
- Our goal is to create a classroom environment wherein the student not only learns to her full potential but develops a love for learning as well.
- Each teacher is encouraged to promote creative thinking, encourage discussion and debate and thereby bolster the self-esteem of each student.
- Our commitment to our students and their parents is to impart thorough knowledge and deep understanding of Torah, the ability to read, translate and analyze its commentaries, and above all to appreciate and internalize its ethical teachings and timeless values.
Sha'arei Bina Torah Academy For Girls places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP English Lit, AP Psychology, AP US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Additional Give or Get responsibility - $2000 Separate Student Activities Fee $100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Rochelle Brand|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Hirsch|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AIPAC, Dance, Girls Who Code, Newspaper, Sports, Trivia
Arts and Music Programs:
- Sha'arei Bina Torah Academy has moved to a beautiful 1.6 acre campus in Hollywood complete with well appointed classrooms, Art Studio, Science Laboratory, Computer Lab and Library. Our curriculum is based on the National Core Curriculum and our goals are to prepare our young women for advanced learning in both Judaic studies and sevular studies. Our young women receive an education par excellence steeped in traditional Jewish values, rich in cultural diversity and geared towards self actualization. Our students come from an array of soco-economic strata as well as a multitude of communities within South Florida all contributing the the beautiful tapestry of our student body. The majority of our graduates spend their gap year in religious seminaries in Israel and then continue on to colleges and universities both local and national.
My daughter attended Shaarei Bina from 6th through 12th grade. She graduated last year. If I had to do it over I would send her there again.
- Posted by Parent - gcybe
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.