Shattuck-St. Mary's School
Shattuck-St. Mary's School Photo #3 - St. Mary''''s Hall serves as the academic building for our 6th-9th graders as well as a girls dormitory.
Shattuck-St. Mary's School Photo #4 - The Kramer House Health Center provides comprehensive services to meet the physical and mental health needs of our students.
Shattuck-St. Mary's School Photo #5 - The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary`s School is a hotel and retreat center located on the upper school campus. The Inn features 12 unique king and double rooms along with flexible event space on the main floor that features a large conference room with adjustable partitions, a catering kitchen, bar and lounge area that can be used for meetings and events.
Shattuck-St. Mary's School Photo #6 - Weekly chapel service, held in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd, is an opportunity to bring students and faculty together to worship and reflect as a community
Shattuck-St. Mary's School Photo #8 - The Hub is a dynamic space for connection, communication and collaboration.
Shattuck-St. Mary's School Photo #9 - An aerial view of our sports complex and Dane Family Fieldhouse
- Shattuck-St. Mary's School (SSM) is a co-educational college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 6 through 12 and post-graduate students.
- Founded in 1858, SSM is one of the oldest college preparatory schools in the Midwest.SSM is located in Faribault, Minnesota 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul and the MSP International Airport. Our 250-acre (101 hectare) campus serves students from across the United States and around the world.
- In addition to a solid foundation of challenging academics, we offer opportunities for students to discover new passions and talents through our ScholarShift program.
- Interested in learning more? Visit our website to submit an inquiry and hear from our admissions team!
Shattuck-St. Mary's School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or ADHD and average to above average cognitive abilities|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, French Language, Government and Politics, Latin: Vergil, Microeconomics, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(SSM polo and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$52,750|
|Tuition Notes||Domestic Day Tuition: $35,250 Domestic Boarding Tuition: $52,750 International Boarding Tuition: $55,300|
|Admissions Director||Andrew Garlinski|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Drill Team, Figure Skating, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Drill Team, Figure Skating,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arch Dance Company, Crack Squad, EDPA (Empowering Differences Promoting Awareness), Gold Key Club, Mock Trial, Players Theatre Troupe, Quiz Bowl, Student Government, The Spectator (student newspaper), Wooden Soldiers, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Orchestra, Middle & Upper School Choirs, Theater Arts, Visual Arts (painting, drawing, ceramics, photography), weCreate (makerspace with various studios), Wind Ensemble
- For students interested in one of our Centers of Excellence, please explore our website and submit a Center-specific inquiry at https://www.s-sm.org/admissions/how-to-apply/.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Collegeville Grades: 6-12 | 312 students
2280 Watertower Road
Collegeville, MN 56321
(320)363-3315 104.3 6-12
- Avon Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
500 Old Farms Rd
Avon, CT 06001
(860)404-4100 1043.4 9-12
- Washington Grades: 9-12 | 310 students
99 Green Hill Rd
Washington, CT 06793
(860)868-7334 1023.1 9-12
- Ashburnham Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
(978)827-7000 1070.3 9-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.