- The academic program of Shrine of the Sacred Heart School includes the core subjects required by the Archdiocese of Baltimore and the Maryland State Board of Education.
- Shrine of the Sacred Heart School provides a supportive faith community in order to help students attain spiritual values.
- All students have daily instruction in religion and are expected to participate in all liturgical celebrations, prayer, and religious activities.
- Catholic students prepare for the sacraments in religion classes according to the guidelines established by Shrine of the Sacred Heart parish.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled at the end of the first and second trimesters.
- Conferences may also be scheduled whenever the teacher or parent has a concern.
- Our mission is to nurture students intellectually, spiritually, morally, socially, and physically.
- We encourage the children in our diversified student body to reach their full academic potential.
- Particular emphasis is placed on helping students develop self-esteem, respect for others, and personal responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LaurelGrades: KG-8 | 413 students
106 Saint Marys Pl
Laurel, MD 20707
ParktonGrades: PK-8 | 149 students
18310 Middletown Rd
Parkton, MD 21120
8855 Belair Road
Nottingham, MD 21236
ElkridgeGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
105 Tuscany Rd
Baltimore, MD 21210
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.