Calvert School is dedicated to educating boys and girls through its time-tested method of teaching and its rigorous curriculum. Particular emphasis is given to mastering essential skills, inspiring a lifelong love of learning, and instilling enthusiasm, responsibility and self-discipline.
Calvert seeks to develop students of high academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, and strong moral character within a supportive and diverse community.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 464 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 9
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Graduated tuition which is bundled. Tuition includes lunch, books, supplies, etc.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Nicole H. Webster
Muffy Fenwick '87
Total Sports Offered
- Coed; Kindergarten through Eighth Grade
- Located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola College, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
- 13-acre campus is comprised of Lower and Middle school facilities
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Calvert School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.