- Calvert School is dedicated to educating boys and girls through its time-tested method of teaching and its rigorous curriculum. Particular emphasis is given to mastering essential skills, inspiring a lifelong love of learning, and instilling enthusiasm, responsibility and self-discipline.
- Calvert seeks to develop students of high academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, and strong moral character within a supportive and diverse community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9|
|Tuition Notes||Graduated tuition which is bundled. Tuition includes lunch, books, supplies, etc.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Nicole H. Webster|
|Admissions Associate||Muffy Fenwick '87|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Coed; Kindergarten through Eighth Grade
- Located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola College, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
- 13-acre campus is comprised of Lower and Middle school facilities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: K-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)377-5192 2.5 K-12
- Baltimore Grades: 1-8 | 61 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
(410)488-8963 4.5 1-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.