Tel: (410) 243-6054
- Calvert School is dedicated to educating boys and girls through its time-tested method of teaching and its rigorous curriculum. Particular emphasis is given to mastering essential skills, inspiring a lifelong love of learning, and instilling enthusiasm, responsibility and self-discipline.
- Calvert seeks to develop students of high academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, and strong moral character within a supportive and diverse community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||464 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9|
|Tuition Notes||Graduated tuition which is bundled. Tuition includes lunch, books, supplies, etc.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Nicole H. Webster|
|Admissions Associate||Muffy Fenwick '87|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Coed; Kindergarten through Eighth Grade
- Located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola College, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
- 13-acre campus is comprised of Lower and Middle school facilities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 2.5 NS-12
- Baltimore Grades: 1-8 | 61 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
(410) 488-8963 4.5 1-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.