- Skylar Hadden School offers a full-time academic program providing a positive, structured learning environment emphasizing Personal Responsibility, Strong Study Skills and Social Competence.
- We are a private, non-sectarian school serving children ages 7 - 15 with learning challenges- AD(H)D, Dyslexia, Auditory and Visual Processing Problems and Mild Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
- At Skylar Hadden we understand and appreciate children with learning differences as they are now and, by focusing and building on their strengths through observation and assessment, assist them in realizing their potential as independent, passionate life-long learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, Dyslexia, Mild Autism and mood disorders|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,750|
|Tuition Notes||tuition is yearly divided into 10 monthly payments|
|Admissions Director||Heidi Reichner|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Audet|
- Mild to Moderate learning disabilities
- Multi-age Learning
- Individualized curriculum and behavior plans
- Portfolio Based Evaluation
- Multi-Sensory, Experiential Learning
Profile last updated: 05/19/2016
People that viewed Skylar Hadden School also viewed these schools: Pine Hill School/ Second Start Disabilities.
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.