St Catherine Laboure School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Catherine Laboure Parish School is a Catholic school offering kindergarten through 8th grade curriculum and welcoming to all faiths.
- We serve the families of Torrance, California, and the surrounding cities.
- The school seeks to build a community of faith, to understand the gifts of our students, to integrate the teachings of the Church, to foster respect, to lead by example, and to appreciate parents as the primary educators of the students in our care.
- St. Catherine Laboure Catholic School provides a diverse and challenging curriculum in a community rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Lesson plans for all academic subjects are constructed within the framework of the State of California Curriculum Content Standards.
- St. Catherine Laboure School provides a safe, nurturing environment in which students are inspired to develop their talents, to serve others, and to make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||503 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 246 students
2371 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
(310)328-5387 3.6 K-8
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 279 students
4625 Garnet Street
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)371-0416 3.5 K-8
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Grades: K-12 | 855 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
(310)377-1543 7.3 K-12
- Redondo Beach Grades: NS-8
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-5181 3.1 NS-8
This is a great school for parents looking for a no frills, solid education. The principal runs the school with a genuine heart for the kids and their education. The teaching staff is great and there's a definite sense of community at this school. As the other reviewer said, there are no fancy facilities, but our child has learned so much in the last year and now halfway through this school year. The class sizes average around 25 with two classes for each grade. The school also offers many extra curricular activities; sports, arts, music. Great school. Great community! Can't rave about it enough!
- Posted by Parent - shang
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.