St. Columbkille Catholic School
St. Columbkille Catholic School Photo #2 - St. Columbkille School has been serving the South Los Angeles community for ninety years. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles established the parish and school in 1923 and in September of that year the school opened under the direction of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
St. Columbkille Catholic School Photo #3 - Thank you for taking a look at our school. Be sure to come for a tour.
St. Columbkille School was established in 1923 by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and originally staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.Our mission is to educate the whole student, guiding each one, by modeling the Gospel values, to understand who they are as God`s children and citizens of the world.
Our goal is to create leaders of tomorrow by challenging students to excel in all aspects of education.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 294 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,075
- Average class size: 32 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Columbkille School`s curriculum is aligned to the standards of the state of California and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Instruction is given in the core areas of Religion, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts. Classes in physical education are given weekly. Through a partnership with Counseling Partners of Los Angeles, counselors completing their clinical hours, are on site four days a week to help students with study skills, conflict resolution skills, or emotional stresses that may affect their grades and/or behavior. Extra-curricular activities are provided in the areas of: academics, digital media arts, drama, sports, and leadership.
Saint Columbkille is a great school. A diamond in the ruff. I am proud that one of my class mates works there and has been doing an outstanding job changing lives. Keep up the fantastic work Rosalva Escobedo! St. Columbkille number 1
St. Columbkille is a great place to learn! I am in the 8th grade and my two sisters are in the 7th and 1st grades. We all love it here and everyone is nice. No drama, the teachers really care, and just about everyone here is really smart. They offer morning and afterschool daycare and library, girls'' and boys''- soccer, basketball; co-ed spring and winter musicals, academic decathlon, student council, math club, and two reading clubs, title 1 for math and reading, volleyball, and tackle football. The school year is divided into four quarters when you can receive principal's award, perfect attendance, or honor roll. We get progress reports halfway through each quarter and report cards. In junior high, we also receive conduct cards at the end of each week to show parents how well we are bahaving and if we complete all our work. At the end of the school year, each class validictorian and salutatorian receive medals to congratulate them. Almost everyone graduates except maybe just one student and learning really is fun here! I love it and hope to send my kids here one day.
Endorse St. Columbkille Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.