St. Columbkille Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (323) 758-2284
St. Columbkille Catholic School Photo #2 - St. Columbkille School has been serving the South Los Angeles community for ninety years. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles established the parish and school in 1923 and in September of that year the school opened under the direction of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
St. Columbkille Catholic School Photo #3 - Thank you for taking a look at our school. Be sure to come for a tour.
- St. Columbkille School was established in 1923 by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and originally staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.Our mission is to educate the whole student, guiding each one, by modeling the Gospel values, to understand who they are as God`s children and citizens of the world.
- Our goal is to create leaders of tomorrow by challenging students to excel in all aspects of education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||32 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,075|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Columbkille School`s curriculum is aligned to the standards of the state of California and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Instruction is given in the core areas of Religion, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts. Classes in physical education are given weekly. Through a partnership with Counseling Partners of Los Angeles, counselors completing their clinical hours, are on site four days a week to help students with study skills, conflict resolution skills, or emotional stresses that may affect their grades and/or behavior. Extra-curricular activities are provided in the areas of: academics, digital media arts, drama, sports, and leadership.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 294 students
1027 W 87th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323) 752-6101 1.9 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
8740 Emerson Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310) 645-6620 7.6 PK-8
Saint Columbkille is a great school. A diamond in the ruff. I am proud that one of my class mates works there and has been doing an outstanding job changing lives. Keep up the fantastic work Rosalva Escobedo! St. Columbkille number 1
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alric Waight
St. Columbkille is a great place to learn! I am in the 8th grade and my two sisters are in the 7th and 1st grades. We all love it here and everyone is nice. No drama, the teachers really care, and just about everyone here is really smart. They offer morning and afterschool daycare and library, girls'' and boys''- soccer, basketball; co-ed spring and winter musicals, academic decathlon, student council, math club, and two reading clubs, title 1 for math and reading, volleyball, and tackle football. The school year is divided into four quarters when you can receive principal's award, perfect attendance, or honor roll. We get progress reports halfway through each quarter and report cards. In junior high, we also receive conduct cards at the end of each week to show parents how well we are bahaving and if we complete all our work. At the end of the school year, each class validictorian and salutatorian receive medals to congratulate them. Almost everyone graduates except maybe just one student and learning really is fun here! I love it and hope to send my kids here one day.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bamez
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?