Ascension Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- As educators at Ascension Catholic School, our mission is to enable students to realize their spiritual, intellectual, and social potential.
- We provide our students with a peaceful learning environment and a strong Catholic community.
- We teach our students to appreciate the value of education, the importance of faith, and to prepare themselves for their future.
- We, as Catholic educators, recognize our responsibility to the students and parents.
- We believe the parents to be the primary educators of their children, and further believe the school, home, and church must work together for students to reach their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms required everyday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are negotiable. Bring all financial documents to school office so school administration can assess affordability.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-11 | 34 students
10457 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)777-1769 0.5 K-11
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
8740 Emerson Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310)645-6620 7.2 PK-8
Ascension is one of the only elementary schools in Los Angeles with a free Music Program. It gives free guitar and piano lessons to children in good academic standing. Music is proven to help math skills, improve self-esteem, and help kids process emotions.
- Posted by Administrator - Danel
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.