Ascension Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- As educators at Ascension Catholic School, our mission is to enable students to realize their spiritual, intellectual, and social potential.
- We provide our students with a peaceful learning environment and a strong Catholic community.
- We teach our students to appreciate the value of education, the importance of faith, and to prepare themselves for their future.
- We, as Catholic educators, recognize our responsibility to the students and parents.
- We believe the parents to be the primary educators of their children, and further believe the school, home, and church must work together for students to reach their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms required everyday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are negotiable. Bring all financial documents to school office so school administration can assess affordability.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-11 | 34 students
10457 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)777-1769 0.5 K-11
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
8740 Emerson Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310)645-6620 7.2 PK-8
Ascension is one of the only elementary schools in Los Angeles with a free Music Program. It gives free guitar and piano lessons to children in good academic standing. Music is proven to help math skills, improve self-esteem, and help kids process emotions.
- Posted by Administrator - Danel
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?