Ascension Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- As educators at Ascension Catholic School, our mission is to enable students to realize their spiritual, intellectual, and social potential.
- We provide our students with a peaceful learning environment and a strong Catholic community.
- We teach our students to appreciate the value of education, the importance of faith, and to prepare themselves for their future.
- We, as Catholic educators, recognize our responsibility to the students and parents.
- We believe the parents to be the primary educators of their children, and further believe the school, home, and church must work together for students to reach their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms required everyday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are negotiable. Bring all financial documents to school office so school administration can assess affordability.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-11 | 34 students
10457 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)777-1769 0.5 K-11
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
8740 Emerson Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310)645-6620 7.2 PK-8
Ascension is one of the only elementary schools in Los Angeles with a free Music Program. It gives free guitar and piano lessons to children in good academic standing. Music is proven to help math skills, improve self-esteem, and help kids process emotions.
- Posted by Administrator - Danel
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.