St Francis Of Assisi School
- The mission of St. Francis of Assisi School is to educate the whole person by creating a Christ-centered community that fosters an active faith, encourages service, and promotes academic growth.
- St. Francis of Assisi School is a Catholic parish school where families and teachers work in partnership to foster the formation of education of the whole child.
- St. Francis of Assisi School is committed to teaching the truths of our Catholic faith and traditions; creating an environment of respect and responsibility for oneself and for our global community; and nurturing intellectual curiosity while facilitating academic excellence and active involvement in learning.
- St. Francis School offers a curriculum which brings a diverse and rich experience to each child.
- We believe that every student can succeed with the unique and special gifts he/she has received from God.
- Our goal is to build a strong foundation for our students that will support them throughout their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Red sweaters, plaid skirts, bule pants, white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / Sep. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,865|
|Tuition Notes||This is the in-parish rate for the 2011-2012 school year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$850|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sheila Keaton|
|Admissions Associate||Siobhan Harris|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art classes, Drama, Homework Club, Lego Robotics|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-8 | 156 students
900 35th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
(206)324-0460 44.4 NS-8
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425)255-0059 36.8 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)527-7711 49.5 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206)246-0500 41.8 9-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.