St John Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1964, St. John Lutheran School has been a valuable Christ-centered institution in Ocala providing students in grades K3-12 with a quality academic education that is grounded in Christian love.
- At the upper levels (5th grade and up) this quality education is enhanced by numerous extracurricular activities including athletics and service clubs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, European History, Government, Language, Literature, Physics, Statistics, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by age group: $3450 for half-day pre-K, $5070 for full-day pre-K, $6000 for grades K5-5, $7000 for grades 6-8, $8200 for grades 9-12.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Vanessa Baxley|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anchor Club, Chapel Band, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Girl Scouts, Interact Club, National Honor Society, Prayer Team, Science Club, Student Council/Student Government|
- Please visit our website at www.stjohnocala.org and complete the inquiry for to Become a Saint. We will follow up with admissions and registration information. Information needed will include transcripts, grades, test scores, and teacher recommendations. Any individual education plan information or 504 plans will also be needed during the admissions process.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ocala Grades: NS-8 | 214 students
2313 SE Lake Weir Avenue
Ocala, FL 34471
(352)351-8840 0.3 NS-8
- Ocala Grades: K-12 | 272 students
4741 Sw 20th St Bldg 1
Ocala, FL 34474
(352)861-0700 4.4 K-12
- Ocala Grades: NS-12 | 426 students
1714 Se 36th Avenue
Ocala, FL 34471
(352)694-4178 2.4 NS-12
- Ocala Grades: PK-10 | 195 students
155 Sw 87th Pl
Ocala, FL 34476
(352)854-2999 5.1 PK-10
St. John has been a true blessing to our entire family. It has met each need for both of my two very different sons. St. John has laid the foundation (and continues to do so for my middle schooler) for them to go out into their next chapter grounded in their faith. Each teacher has gone above and beyond to nurture their faith and help them grow to meet their full potential. Academically my oldest who has graduated and moved on to college has been well equipped to handle the academic challenges of college. St. John is a 2nd Family to us and has provided a safe and loving place for them to grow and be forever connected to.
- Posted by Parent - St John parent and Alumni
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.