St. John The Evangelist School
St. John the Evangelist School exists to help foster the traditions of Catholic education, create a Christ-centered community, and nurtures the Christian values of mercy and compassion. "Reaching the Challenges through Catholic Education".
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 247 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,000
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
It is the policy of St. John's not to deny a Catholic education to families who want to send their children to the school and cannot afford the full tuition. Tuition assistance is granted solely on the basis of need. (funds are limited)
Sr. Isabel Garza, F.M.A.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Chess Club, Choir, CYSL Sports, Gulf Coast Arts Festival Participation, Liturgy Club, Poetry Contests, Reading Counts, Scouting, Sierra Club Essay Contest, Spelling Contests, Student Council, Walking/Running Club
- Located just outside Pensacola Naval Air Station-Home of the Blue Angels!
- Before and After school care is available for a fee.
- Band I is now offered during the school day.
- Liturgy Club
- CYSL sports
- Walk/Run Club
- ITBS testing
- New SuccessMaker program to enhance educational learning at childs own pace in reading and Math.
- Accelered Reader Program.
- Grant Brochure available in both English and Espanol.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Since enrolling our children into this school, we have always been helped from day one. We were always greeted at drop-off and carline. The staff is very communicative when it comes to our children's academics and their health, and safety. The parish is always a big help too when it came down to our children's school tuition. Without their grant, it would have cost us more. I am glad this school is always there for us and for other families as well.
This school treats everyone like family. The staff here is amazing and the whole school has so much energy. Even though this school is small, they never lack spirit.
Endorse St. John The Evangelist School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.