|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||All families receive some financial aid.|
|Admissions Director||Nichole White|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Reading Club, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Symphony in C, Theater Production
- St. Malachy School Vision
- In recognition of God in all people, we commit to creating an environment of trust where we are able to be our true selves, continually improve, and compel others to be their best selves. We do this out of our shared belief that by serving one another we are serving God. In doing this we are the face of God to one another.
- The school culture we create, knowing our students and developing our teachers, is what allows us to move our students. Together, members of our community-students, parents, teachers, and staff-are united in our pursuit of improving the academic paths of our students so that every student is on or above grade level within 3 years of setting foot on our campus and on the path to graduating college.
- Students love learning; they work hard, have a sense of purpose, are excited by challenges and proud to be their true selves. They are curious and value the process of learning; they know they are capable of it. We are part of a community of trust. Our school feels safe. It is a place where we can take risks and everyone has a vested interest in one another. We work together, support one another and have a collective accountability and responsibility to meet these ambitious goals for students and ourselves.
- Teachers at St. Malachy are committed to continual growth-for our students and for ourselves. We are a community of teachers who set goals, get to know ourselves as practitioners and celebrate one another`s accomplishments. We believe in one another, our students, our families and our community. Together we are better.
- Parents, students and teachers all know where our students are strong and where they`re working to develop. Parents are resources and partners in the process. Together we utilize data to find successes and recognize gaps, and together we set goals for our students based what we know about them and with an eye towards the high expectations we have for them.
- Our school is deeply rooted in the Catholic tradition and the education is intentionally delivered to children of all faiths in a culture of high expectations with accompanying high support. We believe this model will set these children on the path to a successful future and life.
- We seek to prove what is possible in urban Catholic education, bearing the fruit of more than 150 years of commitment by the St. Malachy community in North Philadelphia.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 71 students
2210 E Susquehanna Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19125
(215) 426-1909 1.3 PK-12
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 546 students
910 N. 6th Street (Multiple Campus Locations)
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215) 792-6224 0.4 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.