St Matthias School
- St. Matthias School exists to establish a strong foundation based on the teachings of the Catholic Church and to prepare students to become knowledgeable and competent learners.
- St. Matthias School collaborates with parents in their primary responsibility of forming their children in the Catholic faith.
- Students grow in their faith by learning and experiencing Catholic teachings and traditions.
- St. Matthias School's academic program meets or surpasses state standards, and supports students in reaching their academic and creative potential.
- St. Matthias School students are guided by a dedicated staff that demonstrate educational excellence and serve as positive role models in the Catholic faith.
- St. Matthias School is characterized by its sense of belonging, which is promoted by parents, staff and students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: K-8 | 411 students
366 E North Broadway St
Columbus, OH 43214
(614)267-6579 2.1 K-8
- Columbus Grades: K-8 | 180 students
1300 Urban Dr
Columbus, OH 43229
(614)888-4268 1.2 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.