St. Michaels School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 872-5454
- St. Michael's School in Ridge, Maryland is a fully accredited, private, Catholic school which offers a family-oriented, structured, disciplined environment of acceptance, trust and respect for your child.
- The robust academic program challenges students, but small classrooms allow for individual, specialized attention when needed.
- We are celebrating 100 years of being a school in Southern Maryland.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Soar to Success Reading program, Title I Services|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Accelerated Math|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available through the Archdiocese of Washington (TADS- http://site.adw.org/tuition-assistance), Archangel Scholarship Foundation (http://archangelfoundation.wordpress.com/ ) and Boost http://www.educationmaryland.org/BOOST)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Lila R. Hofmeister|
|Admissions Associate||Nichole Hayes|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Church Choir
- St. Michael's School in Ridge, Maryland is a fully accredited, private, Catholic school which offers a family-oriented, structured, disciplined environment of acceptance, trust and respect for your child. The robust academic program challenges students, but small classrooms allow for individual, specialized attention when needed. Teachers at St Michaels School work with parents to teach the whole child spiritually and academically. We offer specialized help in reading with Soar to Success, as well as individualized attention in specific classes. Additionally, St Michael`s participates in Title 1 Services for four full days each week, for students who qualify, in grades pre-k through 5. We have a speech therapist on staff. From the pre-K classes of three and four year olds through the eighth grade class, your child will feel special and protected. There is great pride in the accomplishments of each child while attending St. Michael's and beyond. Each year, St. Michael's teachers receive recognition for their outstanding performance. The art program at the school has had its products displayed at the Walters Museum in Baltimore and the Basilica, as well as local restaurants. A musical performance of our children was selected for viewing at the stadium when Pope Benedict visited Washington, D.C. Our school also submitted a video for the visit by Pope Francis. Several of our students were chosen to meet with Pope Francis, and to hold his hand. Our `Partners In Education` Association has received several national awards for its innovation, teamwork and successful results. Not only do the parents support the school, but the entire community supports the school with fundraising, time, and encouragement. We are examples of the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child." Each week, children plan and lead the Friday Mass. Older children in the seventh and eighth grades are assigned as buddies to the pre-K and Kindergarten students, so each child has an angel on earth to look out for them. Prayer and the pledge are a part of each day's start. Physical education, art, music, Spanish, Technology, and library classes occur weekly. Advanced Math is offered for students who qualify. Basketball is the extra-curricular sport for boys and girls. The school also has a cheerleading squad to cheer for the basketball teams. Sports camps and programs are designed for the younger students as well. Children at St. Michael's School are respectful, responsible, and well-rounded individuals who are preparing to be the future faith-filled leaders of our community.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Park Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
20525 Willows Rd
Lexington Park, MD 20653
(301) 737-2421 9.1 PK-8
- Lexington Park Grades: PK-K | 51 students
46855 S Shangri La Dr Ste 100
Lexington Park, MD 20653
(505) 948-1186 10.8 PK-K
- California Grades: PK-K | 46 students
22840 Three Notch Rd
California, MD 20619
(301) 863-2345 13.8 PK-K
Saint Michaels School is the PREMIERE School in Southern Maryland! This School is a community of caring parents and Teachers that support your children to be the very best that they can be! Truly a blessed place for my children!
- Posted by Parent - chris
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.