St. Michael's School in Ridge, Maryland is a fully accredited, private, Catholic school which offers a family-oriented, structured, disciplined environment of acceptance, trust and respect for your child.
The robust academic program challenges students, but small classrooms allow for individual, specialized attention when needed.
We are celebrating 100 years of being a school in Southern Maryland.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 149 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,500
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Soar to Success Reading program, Title I Services
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Lila R. Hofmeister
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Church Choir
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Church Choir
- St. Michael's School in Ridge, Maryland is a fully accredited, private, Catholic school which offers a family-oriented, structured, disciplined environment of acceptance, trust and respect for your child. The robust academic program challenges students, butsmall classrooms allow forindividual, specializedattention when needed.Teachers at St Michaels School work with parents to teach the whole child spiritually and academically. We offer specialized help in reading with Soar to Success, as well as individualized attention in specific classes. Additionally, St Michael`s participates in Title 1 Services for four full days each week, for students who qualify, in grades pre-k through 5. We have a speech therapist on staff. From the pre-K classes of three and four year olds through the eighth grade class, your child will feel special and protected. There is great pride in the accomplishments of each child while attending St. Michael's and beyond. Each year, St. Michael's teachers receive recognition for their outstanding performance. The art program at the school has had its products displayed at the Walters Museum in Baltimore and the Basilica, as well as local restaurants. A musical performance of our children was selected for viewing at the stadium when Pope Benedict visited Washington, D.C. Our school also submitted a video for the visit by Pope Francis. Several of our students were chosen to meet with Pope Francis, and to hold his hand. Our `Partners In Education` Association has received several national awards for its innovation, teamwork and successful results. Not only do the parents support the school, but the entire community supports the school with fundraising, time, and encouragement. We are examples of the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child." Each week, children plan and lead the Friday Mass. Older children in the seventh and eighth grades are assigned as buddies to the pre-K and Kindergarten students, so each child has an angel on earth to look out for them. Prayer and the pledge are a part of each day's start. Physical education, art, music, Spanish, Technology, and library classes occur weekly. Advanced Math is offered for students who qualify. Basketball is the extra-curricular sport for boys and girls. The school also has a cheerleading squad to cheer for the basketball teams. Sports camps and programs are designed for the younger students as well. Children at St. Michael's School are respectful, responsible, and well-rounded individuals who are preparing to be the future faith-filled leaders of our community.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Michaels School cost?
St. Michaels School's tuition is approximately $6,500 for private students.
What schools are St. Michaels School often compared to?
St. Michaels Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Little Flower School by visitors of our site.
What sports does St. Michaels School offer?
St. Michaels School offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Cheering.
What is St. Michaels School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Michaels School?
The application deadline for St. Michaels School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Saint Michaels School is the PREMIERE School in Southern Maryland! This School is a community of caring parents and Teachers that support your children to be the very best that they can be! Truly a blessed place for my children!
Endorse St. Michaels School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.