St. Pius V School
- As a Catholic elementary school, St. Pius V assists parents in educating their children spiritually, academically, physically, and socially.
- Spiritually, St. Pius V seeks to impart a religious education grounded in the ways of Christ that will distinguish us from other elementary schools.
- We hope to create for our students a sound and durable relationship with God.
- We also seek to install the Christian values that are not readily available in today's society.
- As a Catholic institution, we feel that we have the opportunity to provide a moral foundation for all our students.
- Academically, St. Pius seeks to provide a hopeful and disciplined atmosphere for learning.
- We aim to bring each of our students to their highest level of achievement.
- Graduates of St. Pius V should have the solid academic foundation that will enable them to succeed in our complex and demanding society.
- Physically, St. Pius V provides its students with a clean and safe environment that will instill optimism, self-regard, and confidence in the future.
- Socially, St. Pius V seeks to produce conscientious citizens who possess uncommon respect for self and others.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: PK-8 | 790 students
2380 E Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10462
- BronxGrades: K-9 | 286 students
1160 Beach Ave
Bronx, NY 10472
- BronxGrades: PK-8 | 282 students
2708 Briggs Avenue
Bronx, NY 10458
- BronxGrades: K-9 | 297 students
1960 University Blvd
Bronx, NY 10453
- BronxGrades: PK-12 | 269 students
1734 Williamsbridge Road
Bronx, NY 10461
I graduated from St. Pius in 1957. My brother graduated a few years later.It is sad to read that you will be closing. I hope the school can be saved. There is no better education then St. Pius. I have very fond memories of the school. In fact I also graduated from the High School in 1961. The High School Sisters Convent was my Grandmother's Home.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mcont
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.