St. Thomas School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At St. Thomas School, we believe our students will change the world.
- We believe our mission to develop responsible citizens of a global society is more important than ever before.
- We believe that learners and leaders must exemplify strength of character, academic excellence, and community engagement.
- St. Thomas School is for those families that value leadership, character, and community as essential components of their child's education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost varies by program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade levels. 2-Day Preschool: $9,270 3-Day Preschool: $11,940 5-Day Preschool: $16,670 PreKindergarten: $17,390 Kindergarten: $30,290 Grades 1-4: $31,110 Grades 5-8: $32,990|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,665|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Emily Honig|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Cooking Classes, Falcon's Ledge Middle School Club, Robotics, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Piano Lessons, Voice Lessons
- Founded in 1951, STS is one of the most established independent schools in Washington state and features a highly regarded curriculum that prepares students to excel at future endeavors while honoring the school`s long-standing core values. STS sets students up for success and its graduates are consistently accepted to outstanding secondary education programs.
- STS tailors the preschool through 8th grade journey for students through its personalized learning model by identifying their strengths, areas for growth, personal passions, and aspirations. As a Microsoft Showcase School, technology is woven into every grade and every subject by leveraging innovative learning tools, including a 1:1 laptop program, collaboration tools such as Office 365 and interactive white boards, and the school`s LEED Gold Certified campus.
- St. Thomas School`s focus on character permeates school life all day, every day. We nurture students` character and spiritual intelligence in accordance to our core virtues: gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. We commit to character education, guiding our students to have a deep appreciation and awareness for all those around them, so that they may learn to live, lead, and serve with integrity, generosity, and compassion. At STS, our educational journey addresses the holistic needs of children, academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Teachers, administration, staff, parents, and students are all in the process of acquiring new knowledge and skills every day. We work hard to nurture a learning environment in which ALL members of the school feel secure in taking risks, asking questions, and exploring new alternatives.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed St. Thomas School also viewed these schools: Bellevue Children's Academy, Bellevue Montessori School, Chestnut Hill Academy, Eton School and Woodinville Montessori School - North Creek Campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-9 | 643 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)649-0791 4 PK-9
- Bellevue Grades: PK-5 | 211 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)454-7439 1.9 PK-5
- Bothell Grades: NS-12 | 388 students
19102 N Creek Pkwy
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)482-3184 10.3 NS-12
We have been at this school for a few years now and absolutely love the environment and focus. We have seen our child thrive and build confidence here. The amazing teachers are truly invested in learning and knowing your whole child. Additionally, the school provides many leadership opportunities for all children. Also, there is a strong emphasis on building public speaking skills at an early age.
- Posted by Parent - A.B.
Our three children (7th, 5th and 2nd Graders) are all currently at St. Thomas School and are thriving. Each and every day they are excited to go to school, to learn and to grow academically, socially and emotionally. Their love of learning is infectious. The quality of the faculty at STS is second to none, and each member of staff's dedication to the children, their learning and their environment is unparalleled. The dining program is a particular highlight - freshly prepared and cooked food each day, catering for all food intolerances, allergies and requirements - with a focus on 'adventure bites' when trying something new for the first time, and quality 'brain' food for all the children. The new building with bring state of the art sports, music and theater facilities to the school, which will complement the academic rigor of the curriculum. Of particular importance to us with a rising 7th Grader is how the children are prepared for the high school application and admissions process. STS has a dedicated program for students with interview prep, SSAT test prep and counselling for students and parents.We love STS and recommend more highly.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.