St. Thomas School
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 368 students
- Acceptance rate: 41%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 13 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess, Cooking Classes, Falcon's Ledge Middle School Club, Robotics, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Piano Lessons, Voice Lessons
- Founded in 1951, STS is one of the most established independent schools in Washington state and features a highly regarded curriculum that prepares students to excel at future endeavors while honoring the school`s long-standing core values. STS sets students up for success and its graduates are consistently accepted to outstanding secondary education programs.
- STS tailors the preschool through 8th grade journey for students through its personalized learning model by identifying their strengths, areas for growth, personal passions, and aspirations. As a Microsoft Showcase School, technology is woven into every grade and every subject by leveraging innovative learning tools, including a 1:1 laptop program, collaboration tools such as Office 365 and interactive white boards, and the school`s LEED Gold Certified campus.
- St. Thomas School`s focus on character permeates school life all day, every day. We nurture students` character and spiritual intelligence in accordance to our core virtues: gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. We commit to character education, guiding our students to have a deep appreciation and awareness for all those around them, so that they may learn to live, lead, and serve with integrity, generosity, and compassion. At STS, our educational journey addresses the holistic needs of children, academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Teachers, administration, staff, parents, and students are all in the process of acquiring new knowledge and skills every day. We work hard to nurture a learning environment in which ALL members of the school feel secure in taking risks, asking questions, and exploring new alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of St. Thomas School?
The acceptance rate of St. Thomas School is 41%, which is lower than the national average of 85%. St. Thomas School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Washington with low acceptance rates.
Does St. Thomas School offer a summer program?
Yes, St. Thomas School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does St. Thomas School offer?
St. Thomas School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball.
What is St. Thomas School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Thomas School?
The application deadline for St. Thomas School is Jan. 13 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 13 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse St. Thomas School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards