St. Thomas School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (425) 454-5880
- At St. Thomas School, we believe our students will change the world.
- We believe our mission to develop responsible citizens of a global society is more important than ever before.
- We believe that learners and leaders must exemplify strength of character, academic excellence, and community engagement.
- St. Thomas School is for those families that value leadership, character, and community as essential components of their child's education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost varies by program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade levels. 2-Day Preschool: $9,270 3-Day Preschool: $11,940 5-Day Preschool: $16,670 PreKindergarten: $17,390 Kindergarten: $30,290 Grades 1-4: $31,110 Grades 5-8: $32,990|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,665|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Emily Honig|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Cooking Classes, Falcon's Ledge Middle School Club, Robotics, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Piano Lessons, Voice Lessons
- Founded in 1951, STS is one of the most established independent schools in Washington state and features a highly regarded curriculum that prepares students to excel at future endeavors while honoring the school`s long-standing core values. STS sets students up for success and its graduates are consistently accepted to outstanding secondary education programs.
- STS tailors the preschool through 8th grade journey for students through its personalized learning model by identifying their strengths, areas for growth, personal passions, and aspirations. As a Microsoft Showcase School, technology is woven into every grade and every subject by leveraging innovative learning tools, including a 1:1 laptop program, collaboration tools such as Office 365 and interactive white boards, and the school`s LEED Gold Certified campus.
- St. Thomas School`s focus on character permeates school life all day, every day. We nurture students` character and spiritual intelligence in accordance to our core virtues: gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. We commit to character education, guiding our students to have a deep appreciation and awareness for all those around them, so that they may learn to live, lead, and serve with integrity, generosity, and compassion. At STS, our educational journey addresses the holistic needs of children, academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Teachers, administration, staff, parents, and students are all in the process of acquiring new knowledge and skills every day. We work hard to nurture a learning environment in which ALL members of the school feel secure in taking risks, asking questions, and exploring new alternatives.
- People that viewed St. Thomas School also viewed these schools: Bellevue Children's Academy, Bellevue Montessori School, Chestnut Hill Academy, Eton School and Woodinville Montessori School - North Creek Campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-8 | 656 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 556-0791 4 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-6 | 210 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425) 454-7439 1.9 PK-6
- Bothell Grades: PK-12 | 388 students
19102 N Creek Pkwy
Bothell, WA 98011
(425) 482-3184 10.3 PK-12
Amazing school and community! My family was about to move back to Los Angeles and have our kids start Kindergarten and Preschool at our alma mater Chandler School but after spending some time in the Pacific Northwest we were leaning more towards staying up north. We had to make some serious choices regarding work, school, family, and friends. While researching schools in the area, my wife gave me the assignment of either finding a school that was at least similar to Chandler and if I could not find one, then we were going to move back to LA. So after weeks of touring schools all over Seattle and Bellevue, I finally walked onto St. Thomas School's campus and knew almost immediately that this was the school for us. From the school logo (acorn) to the uniforms (forest green and khaki), it was already visually looking similar to Chandler, which has the same uniform colors and a shamrock logo. I'll spare you all the details of what the school is all about (check their website - it's all true!), but by the time I finished the tour I knew walking back to my car that this was it. St. Thomas School's focus on Character, Curriculum, and Community is spot on in parallel with Chandler's core values. Today, 3 years after being accepted to the school, I can confidently and without hesitation say that our already high expectations have not only been met but in many instances have been exceeded! Tour the school as soon as possible. You will witness yourself the greatness of what is St. Thomas School. Expensive as hell, but worth every penny... I promise. There are also programs to help those who may not have the capacity to fund this type of education, so don't let the price tag scare you. Amazing new changes coming this Fall that are literally being built as I write this review including a brand new Athletics & Performing Arts Center along with a brand new Center for Leadership & Innovation. So much good... only getting better.
- Posted by Parent - Travis TJ Young
We have two kids at St. Thomas School and so far our experience at this school has been extraordinary. Our older one(now in 2nd grade) joined the school in Kindergarten where most of the kids in the class have known each other for a few years already. She didn't feel left out instead the teacher and the students have all made sure to help her transition into this new environment. The school curriculum is designed to help the students develop their own characters in this warm community. We feel that our kids are not only thriving academically, but their social emotions, their relationships with other students and teachers and their daily needs are also being looked after day in and day out. We are so thrilled that we joined this big family and we recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a well-rounded independent school for their kids.
- Posted by Parent - J.H.
Absolutely incredibly school. Three years ago we conducted a tremendous amount of research on private schools within a 50-mile radius of Seattle. My husband went on countless tours and after attending an Open House at St. Thomas School he knew in his heart that he had found the right place for our children. Two academic years later there are a great number of reasons why we continue to feel St. Thomas School is the best place for our sons. Firstly, I believe that the STS guiding principals continue to have a great impact on our sons. The school's dedication to the development of the "whole child" has help shape their understanding of ethics and morality. I have found that there is a philosophical and moral code that runs deep through the students, faculty, and administration. I also firmly believe the STS community demonstrates that above all else it is important to be a good person. Secondly, the faculty and staff at St. Thomas School embrace the differences in students and are dedicated to understanding how each child learns. Our younger son currently attends Kindergarten in the Early Learning Center and we appreciate that the teachers support learning through exploration. Through our two years in the ELC we have seen found-object galleries, alphabet and reading/phonics artwork, and cooking projects; since our son has a tendency to retain knowledge through hands-on experiences, we feel the schools current ELC curriculum supports our son's learning-style through many tactile-based opportunities. Lastly, I deeply appreciate the value St. Thomas School places in leadership, stewardship, and community and demonstrates true dedication by holding Chapel every morning. Chapel offers our sons the unique opportunities to learn the value of teamwork, open discussions, group consensus, healthy opposition, and most importantly, leadership in service of others. I wholeheartedly believe that the experience of Chapel has made a lasting and eternally positive impression on our children. We believe this modality of fellowship is a wonderful way for young children to experience spirituality-based gatherings, public speaking, and companionship.
- Posted by Parent - Erin
We have been at this school for a few years now and absolutely love the environment and focus. We have seen our child thrive and build confidence here. The amazing teachers are truly invested in learning and knowing your whole child. Additionally, the school provides many leadership opportunities for all children. Also, there is a strong emphasis on building public speaking skills at an early age.
- Posted by Parent - A.B.
Our three children (7th, 5th and 2nd Graders) are all currently at St. Thomas School and are thriving. Each and every day they are excited to go to school, to learn and to grow academically, socially and emotionally. Their love of learning is infectious. The quality of the faculty at STS is second to none, and each member of staff's dedication to the children, their learning and their environment is unparalleled. The dining program is a particular highlight - freshly prepared and cooked food each day, catering for all food intolerances, allergies and requirements - with a focus on 'adventure bites' when trying something new for the first time, and quality 'brain' food for all the children. The new building with bring state of the art sports, music and theater facilities to the school, which will complement the academic rigor of the curriculum. Of particular importance to us with a rising 7th Grader is how the children are prepared for the high school application and admissions process. STS has a dedicated program for students with interview prep, SSAT test prep and counselling for students and parents.We love STS and recommend more highly.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.