St. Thomas School
- At St. Thomas School, we believe our students will change the world.
- We believe our mission to develop responsible citizens of a global society is more important than ever before.
- We believe that learners and leaders must exemplify strength of character, academic excellence, and community engagement.
- St. Thomas School is for those families that value leadership, character, and community as essential components of their child's education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost varies by program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade levels. 2-Day Preschool: $8,960 3-Day Preschool: $11,550 5-Day Preschool & PreKindergarten: $16,120 Kindergarten: $28,090 Grades 1-4: $29,320 Grades 5-8: $30,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,665|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Emily Honig|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Cooking Classes, Falcon's Ledge Middle School Club, Robotics, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Piano Lessons, Voice Lessons
- Founded in 1951, STS is one of the most established independent schools in Washington state and features a highly regarded curriculum that prepares students to excel at future endeavors while honoring the school`s long-standing core values. STS sets students up for success and its graduates are consistently accepted to outstanding secondary education programs.
- STS tailors the preschool through 8th grade journey for students through its personalized learning model by identifying their strengths, areas for growth, personal passions, and aspirations. As a Microsoft Showcase School, technology is woven into every grade and every subject by leveraging innovative learning tools, including a 1:1 laptop program, collaboration tools such as Office 365 and interactive white boards, and the school`s LEED Gold Certified campus.
- St. Thomas School`s focus on character permeates school life all day, every day. We nurture students` character and spiritual intelligence in accordance to our core virtues: gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. We commit to character education, guiding our students to have a deep appreciation and awareness for all those around them, so that they may learn to live, lead, and serve with integrity, generosity, and compassion. At STS, our educational journey addresses the holistic needs of children, academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Teachers, administration, staff, parents, and students are all in the process of acquiring new knowledge and skills every day. We work hard to nurture a learning environment in which ALL members of the school feel secure in taking risks, asking questions, and exploring new alternatives.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed St. Thomas School also viewed these schools: Woodinville Montessori School - North Creek Campus, Northlake Academy, The Bear Creek School, Arbor Schools and Amazing Grace Christian School: A Microsoft Showcase School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bothell Grades: NS-12 | 309 students
19102 N Creek Pkwy
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)482-3184 10.3 NS-12
- Kirkland Grades: PK-4 | 87 students
12931 Ne 126th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034 7 PK-4
- Seattle Grades: PK-2 | 101 students
10056 Renton Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98178
(206)723-5526 7.7 PK-2
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.