Our Lower School provides the foundation. Children have the opportunity to be challenged and loved, and to excel in ways that fit their own unique development.
Middle School students (5th-8th grade) receive their own Chromebook for use at school and at home. Students regularly use this technology both in the classroom and at home, from collaborating and creating documents on Google Docs to submitting answers on Kahoot to taking on structured project research.
After School Care program at St. Timothy's is available until 6:00 p.m. daily. Students have the opportunity to do homework as well as to participate in organized and supervised games and activities.
St. Timothy's School, a member of the Capital Area Middle School Conference (CAMSC), fields 16 competitive sports teams: varsity and JV soccer (boys and girls), varsity and JV basketball (boys and girls), cross country (boys and girls), track (boys and girls), tennis (boys and girls), boys baseball, golf (co-ed), girls varsity and JV volleyball, and girls softball.
One of the oldest and most beloved traditions at STS is the annual Christmas pageant, held every year since the school's founding in 1958.
Our band program offers several different levels for students in grades 3 - 8 including Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Beginning Band, Flute Ensemble, and Percussion Ensemble. We also offer an active middle school chorus program throughout the year.
St. Timothy's School weaves service opportunities into our schedules and our curriculum, as our students strive to make a positive difference for a variety of communities. We believe our pre-kindergarten through eighth grade model is uniquely effective in preparing students to meet the challenges of the future, and service learning is an essential piece of that preparation.
- St. Timothy`s School is an Episcopal preparatory school for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade committed to building the strongest foundations to guide our students in successful lifelong journeys. We offer exceptional academic experiences and enriching opportunities for growth in a close-knit community of dedicated teachers and supportive families.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: $5,000 to $15,310|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Cathy Clement|
|Admissions Associate||Arrin Dutton|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chorus, National Jr. Honor Society, Student Council Band, Chorus, National Jr. Honor Society,
- At St. Timothy`s School, we believe that from their earliest years of schooling through early adolescence, children are forming the skills and attitudes that will drive all future academic achievement and social development. They must be engaged, challenged, nurtured, and loved.St. Timothy`s School is an Episcopal preparatory school for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade committed to building the strongest foundations to guide our students in successful lifelong journeys. We offer exceptional academic experiences and enriching opportunities for growth in a close-knit community of dedicated teachers and supportive families. We blend Episcopal school traditions with academic excellence in an environment that inspires the imagination, fosters creativity, and promotes a love of learning.
- Our children are loved. For us, teaching is personal. Our teachers refer to students as "my children" or "my kids." We offer a nurturing environment that helps our children grow to be good people, not just good students.
- Our children are prepared. Ending in eighth grade means we must prepare students for public or private high schools, for Honors, AP or IB programs, and for Common Core or traditional curriculums.
- Our children are known. In a rapidly growing region, we have been - and will always remain - intentionally small enough to personally know each of our children and families.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RaleighGrades: PK-12 | 1466 students
7300 Perry Creek Road
Raleigh, NC 27616
RaleighGrades: K-8 | 524 students
2710 Overbrook Dr
Raleigh, NC 27608
RaleighGrades: PK-12 | 1185 students
7409 Falls Of Neuse Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
CaryGrades: PK-8 | 509 students
810 High House Rd
Cary, NC 27513
CaryGrades: 6-12 | 753 students
1500 N Harrison Avenue
Cary, NC 27513
We have had 3 children attend St. Timothy's collectively over the last 15 years and have been extremely happy with every aspect of this school. They provide a top notch education with state of the art technology, in a very nurturing environment with plenty of opportunities for parent involvement. Each one of my children were well prepared for High School not only academically (they were several levels ahead in all subjects) but also emotionally, physically and spiritually. Sending my kids to St. Timothy's School from K-8th was one of the best parenting decisions I've made!
- Posted by Parent - Anna T
I cannot say enough good things about this school. My daughters have gone to St. Timothy's since Kindergarten and love it there. They are far ahead of their friends academically that go to public school. I suggest visiting the school because as soon as you walk in the door you will know what a child-centered environment St. Timothy's is.
- Posted by Parent - lilwe
June 19, 2017
Is private school right for your child? Learn about the things you should consider and the unique benefits of a private school education.
June 19, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
June 07, 2017
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.