Sunrise Montessori School - South Campus
- Sunrise Montessori School was started in the home of Mary Ellen Marion in 1979.
- The first year there were eight children in the class and fifteen on a waiting list.
- A search was made for a church with space available to rent to our school.
- Larkspur Christian Church on 33rd Avenue north of Cactus. Their Fellowship Hall was used for our school from September 1980 through June 1988.
- In 1981, one of the first Montessori toddler programs in the valley was added. Mary Ellen and Ray Marion are the owners.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,250|
|Tuition Notes||Yearly tuition can be paid in 10 installments.|
- Sunrise Montessori School offers a Montessori education according to the principals of Dr. Maria Montessori. It is an education of the total child, encompassing the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of each child. We nurture and promote an atmosphere that develops self-motivation, responsibility, and self-control in the child. Each child is offered individual instruction, according to his/her ability level.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 46 students
10260 N 67th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
(623)572-0080 3.5 PK-K
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 523 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602)274-4866 7.7 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.