Sunrise Montessori School - South Campus
Sunrise Montessori School was started in the home of Mary Ellen Marion in 1979.
The first year there were eight children in the class and fifteen on a waiting list.
A search was made for a church with space available to rent to our school.
Larkspur Christian Church on 33rd Avenue north of Cactus. Their Fellowship Hall was used for our school from September 1980 through June 1988.
In 1981, one of the first Montessori toddler programs in the valley was added. Mary Ellen and Ray Marion are the owners.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Students: 50 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,250
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Yearly tuition can be paid in 10 installments.
- Sunrise Montessori School offers a Montessori education according to the principals of Dr. Maria Montessori. It is an education of the total child, encompassing the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of each child. We nurture and promote an atmosphere that develops self-motivation, responsibility, and self-control in the child. Each child is offered individual instruction, according to his/her ability level.
Endorse Sunrise Montessori School - South Campus. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.