Montessori Center School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Montessori Center School, Inc. was established in 1985 to complement the work of the AMI-affiliated teacher training institute in Arizona, Montessori Education Center.
- The primary Montessori curriculum is a developmental program designed for children ages two and half to six years.
- The goal of the Montessori Center School is to serve the community by providing an authentic Montessori environment and education for students.
- The Montessori program develops the whole personality of the child - not merely his intellectual faculties but also his powers of initiative, deliberation, and independent choice.
- By living as a free member of a real, social community, the child is trained in the fundamental social qualities which form the basis of good citizenship.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rosanne Galluzzo|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess., French, Mandarin, Spanish|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS-K | 56 students
15639 N 40th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)485-0276 7.5 NS-K
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
2311 E Palm Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85006
(602)244-1451 7.5 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: NS-8 | 626 students
4715 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602)266-5364 4.2 NS-8
It has been around for more than 20 years and it has the BEST BEST BEST program I have ever seen or experienced! My wife is a product of Montessori overseas and she was very impressed. The school is a wealth of wonderful experiences and education for the growing children. The sensory garden and resident sheep bring so much patient joy and contentment while walking around. The children are so ready to succeed, read, write, math (including long division and multiplication) all at the age of 5 years of age! They learn in 4 different languages including - English of course, Spanish, Chinese and French. The school leverages the talents of its teachers to the utmost including the language, music etc. My Chinese neighbors were so impressed to hear my daughter sing in Mandarin and I was so impressed to hear her sing and speak in French. Other extracurriculars include Chess and of course Music. This school is what a true learning and education program should be. Best of all... they have a strong sense of values and morals too - non-denominational. God Bless them!
- Posted by Parent - popsi
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.