Valley Of The Sun School
- Valley Of The Sun School serves over 150 people in nine different programs.
- Each site has 15-20 people who are selected according to abilities and interests.
- Each program has a supervisor and staff, ranging from a 1:2 to 1:4 staff-to-participant ratio, based on the collective area's needs.
- The program is designed to enhance existing independent living skills, communication, academics, interpersonal relationships, community awareness and vocational readiness.
- A variety of activities and experiences are offered toward this pursuit.
- Each person may choose which they prefer to attend. Formal objectives are agreed upon by an interdisciplinary team which convenes, at a minimum, annually.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.