Temple Beth Emet Day School
Tel: (954) 680-1882
Temple Beth Emet Day School Photo #2 - Our technology curriculum is designed to teach digital mastery skills. Through the use of tablet centers in our lower grades and a Chromebook per student in our upper grades, students experience practical computer literacy and technology training in a challenging academic environment. Google powered mini-laptops allow students to become proficient with cloud computing and collaborative learning.
Temple Beth Emet Day School Photo #3 - Recognizing the significance of instilling in students a healthy awareness of the world around them and accountability for taking action to make it a better place, our school spirit promotes Jewish ethics and character building, fostering a culture of respect and responsibility. Students are empowered with empathy, compassion, and conflict resolution skills to guide them in their interpersonal relationships.
Temple Beth Emet Day School Photo #4 - Beth Emet Elementary School provides a supportive and trusting environment which enables each student to gain confidence, grow and take risks. Our learning environment stimulates and challenges children to develop and enhance the academic skills, leadership skills, and character values, necessary to succeed beyond our school and in life.
Temple Beth Emet Day School Photo #5 - Our students utilize the scientific method as a means to derive specific concepts or ideas. These concepts become the basis for further exploration of our scientific world. Students actively construct ideas through their own inquiries, investigations, and analyses, and gain an understanding of scientific topics through hands-on experiments. At each grade level students study physical, life and earth science units.
Temple Beth Emet Day School Photo #6 - Playing chess facilitates the development of mental skills by sharpening analytical thinking, increasing concentration and expanding the imagination. The students learn to develop a competitive spirit, practice patience, and experience mistake making and problem solving.
- At Temple Beth Emet Day School, we are committed to having our students reach their full potential through a challenging, academically advanced curriculum and a warm, supportive environment that promotes critical thinking, creative expression, self esteem, and Jewish ethics.
- Here, learning is an exploration of ideas that integrates general and Jewish educational disciplines, where children gain understanding and learn to analyze information, evaluate choices, and make good judgments every day.
- We are committed to developing a partnership between family, school, and community, and are dedicated to nurturing and stimulating our students to think critically, behave responsibly, and become life long learners with a firm foundation in secular and Jewish learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools of Florida|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Michal Medina|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldArchery, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Football, Martial Arts,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, chess, karate, Mandarin, robotics, science, Spanish, sports, swimming, technology, violin|
Club or Organization:
- An Integrated Curriculum that Nurtures Children's Critical Thinking, Creative Expression, and Self Esteem Challenging Academic Programs Outstanding SAT & Lexile Score Achievement Low Student-Teacher Ratio that Enables Teachers to Enhance Individual Student Learning Weekly Curricular Specials that Include: Chess, Spanish, Music Appreciation, Art Appreciation, Rhythm and Dance, Sports, Physical Education, Swimming and Technology SMART Board Technology in Every Classroom Accelerated Reading and Reading Reinforcement Programs Field Trips & Special Programming to Enhance Curriculum Daily Hebrew/Judaic Studies Instruction Builds Jewish Values and Jewish Identity Teaches Social Action within and outside of the Jewish Community Award Winning Chess Team for Broward County; Three Years in a Row! Professional Teachers with Advanced Degrees Elementary Curriculum fulfills Religious School Requirements for Bar/Bat Mitzvah Complementary Temple Membership included for K-5
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
7011 W Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
(954) 584-6816 7.4 PK-8
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 528 students
5300 Southwest 40th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
(954) 989-6886 7 PK-8
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: K-12 | 791 students
5810 South Pine Island Rd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
(954) 583-6100 3.6 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.