- The Alexandria Academy was founded in 1988 as an alternative academic program for gifted students.
- Since that time, it has grown to include special needs children and anyone for whom the existing traditional system does not fit.
- The school does not support classes but rather one-on-one mentorship between a teacher and a student.
- The philosophy of the school has always been that young people should be taught with intellectual peers rather than chronological peers.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||gifted/mild learning differences|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||tuition varies/financial aid available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Stacey McEnnan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Peace Child International Peace Child International,
- Our students come from all over the greater Los Angeles area as well as from other states. We have taught young people from Los Angeles, Agoura, Riverside, Santa Clarita, Pasadena, Glendale, Norco, Encino, Oxnard, etc., as well as students from Florida, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Illinois, and Oregon. Our students go on to colleges and universities all over the country including Harvard, Brown, Columbia, USC, UC schools around the state, Reed College, and many more. Most have been able to enter their first choice schools. We do not use a set curriculum. Instead, the teacher assesses the student`s abilities in every subject area and then uses a curriculum which best fits with the child`s abilities and needs. Because of this, a student may be working in one curriculum for math but in another for English. This is true for all curricular areas: English, history, science, mathematics, ethics, electives, etc. The Alexandria Academy has found great success with a wide variety of students. Some have come from the entertainment industry, from athletics, music, dance, and writing. We have more recently been sought to educate students who are having trouble learning in the traditional atmosphere. We have had students with Asperger`s Syndrome, depression and other problems which have caused the parents and counselors to look for alternative education opportunities. We work with any child to help him/her reach full natural potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Westlake VillageGrades: 5-12 | 1560 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Thousand OaksGrades: 1-12 | 140 students
Po Box 3381
Thousand Oaks, CA 91359
NorthridgeGrades: PK-12 | 247 students
17100 Superior Street
Northridge, CA 91325
NorthridgeGrades: 6-12 | 83 students
8756 Canby Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
Valley VillageGrades: 9-12 | 135 students
12517 Chandler Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
fabulous schools for students who learn in nontraditional ways
- Posted by Administrator - smcen
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.