The Atonement Academy
The Holy Mass is a daily part of our day at The Atonement Academy, and approximately 500 students and teachers worship together as part of their routine.
The Atonement Academy's newest school building opened in August 2017, with classrooms for the exclusive use of our upper school students.
Service to the community is a continued emphasis across campus, and a recent relief drive resulted in 1.67 tons of food for the San Antonio Food Bank as well as truckloads of diapers, baby wipes, paper goods, and pet food.
The Atonement Academy's mission is to develop the spiritual, mental, and physical virtues, and students learn to develop as strong individuals as well as part of a class, part of a school, and part of the Catholic Church.
Classes at The Atonement Academy are coed from PreK though Grade 2, then they are single-sex from Grades 3-8. Coed classes begin again in high school grades.
Students say the daily Holy Mass is one of their favorite parts of the day, even if they would not have believed so before attending our school. Students learn to know, to love, and to serve God at The Atonement Academy. .
- At The Atonement Academy we strive for excellence in the physical, intellectual, and spiritual virtues through a challenging course of classical and Catholic education.
- We are faithful to the Magesterium of the Catholic Church and require participation in Holy Mass every morning.
- The Academy provides a warm,loving, yet firm environment with a rigorous curriculum and ample extra curricular activities, too.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Catholic Conference Education Department|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||541 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Latin -- Vergil, AP Physics, AP Statistics, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(HS: black blazers, grey slacks for boys; red blazer and black skirt for girls. In lower grades, boys wear shirt and tie with grey slacks, girls wear red plaid skirts or jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,865|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade. $600 annual enrollment fee. First tuition payment due 1 June|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Amanda Trevino|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Marie Mendez|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Chorus, Debate Club, Drama Club, Drum Line, German Longsword, Honor's Choir, JNHS, Junior Classics League, NHS, Pep Squad, Pro-Life Club, Science Club, Student Council, Yearbook Chess Club, Chorus, Debate Club, Drama Club, Drum Line, Honor's Choir, JNHS, NHS, Pep Squad, Pro-Life Club, Science Club, Yearbook, German Longsword,|
Junior Classics League,
- National Blue Ribbon School
- One of The Nation's Top 50 Catholic High Schools
- The parish school of Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church, Archdiocese of San Antonio.
- Classical Education
- Pre-Kindergarten through High School
- Daily Mass
- Accelerated Math and Reading
- Phonics and Grammar
- Latin taught in all grades, beginning PreK (once a week) to high school (daily)
- Excellent Music Program
- Faithful to the Magisterium
- Rigorous Physical Education
- Advanced Placement Program
- 100% of seniors are admitted to four-year institutions, including Notre Dame, US Naval Academy, Tufts University, Boston College, Boston University, Rice University, Southern Methodist University, Thomas Aquinas College, Baylor University, Mount Holyoke, Claremont-McKenna College, Catholic University of America, University of Dallas, University of Michigan, University of Texas at Austin, and Texas A&M University.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 490 students
770 W Ramsey Rd
San Antonio, TX 78216
- San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 163 students
4427 Moana Dr
San Antonio, TX 78218
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 437 students
119 E Craig Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
- San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 524 students
6900 West Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78213
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.