The Children's Guild
Tel: (301) 853-7370
- The Children's Guild is a nonprofit, child-serving organization founded in 1953, serving emotionally disturbed children through the provision of special education, group living, treatment foster care and mental health services in Maryland.
- Transformation Education, Behavior-disordered children referred to our special education schools, group living program, foster homes or mental health center strongly hold their beliefs valid and their own view of reality as accurate.
- They have learned their mindset from the experience of living in their personal culture.
- Given their personal culture was so effective in creating their current mindset, we have taken the method the children originally learned how to behave and think, i.e., culture, and uses it to acculturate children with a new mindset.
- The result they know two ways of thinking rather than one.
- The Children's Guild's programs are either approved by the Maryland State Department of Education or licensed by the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- The Guild Day Schools in Annapolis, Baltimore, and Prince Georges' County, Maryland are accredited by the National Commission Accrediting Special Education Services.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upper Marlboro Grades: K-12 | 165 students
1330 Mccormick Dr
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301) 772-1200 8.5 K-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.