The Embankment School
- The Embankment School (TES) was founded by career educators with advanced degrees in education.
- TES teachers have taught across a rich array of school systems and settings, they have designed a high-quality curriculum.
- As Jersey City-based teachers (and mothers of school-aged children), they are committed to a vibrant local alternative for educating children and preparing them for success.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions about The Embankment School. Email: email@example.com .
The Embankment School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- To engage our students in inquiry-based experiential learning that sparks their passions, challenges them academically, and promotes social and emotional intelligence
- Inquiry and Experiential Learning
- Nurturing curious, inquisitive and entrepreneurial minds is the cornerstone of our approach. The Embankment School seeks first and foremost to foster and cultivate each student's love of learning and inspire understanding from self-driven experimentation, examination, and investigation. Our curriculum is driven by the philosophy that children learn best by doing; hands-on experiences and activities help children internalize foundational skills and strategies for problem solving.
- Imaginative Play and Creativity
- The Embankment School believes in creating a context for learning where imagination and play intersect with problem solving. Whether it is adapting a play from a book we've read, making a map of our neighborhood, or using games to reinforce number sense, students realize a purpose for learning in an engaging and fun way. The importance of play is confirmed in research from Piaget forward as an important role in cognitive development and intrinsic motivation.
- Social-Emotional Learning and Character Development
- No matter what disciplines or career choices we make, we are seldom completely self-reliant for success. The Embankment School has a strong commitment to social-emotional learning. Not only does this foster an understanding of the need to work together to achieve a common goal, additionally, the learning that students gain from one another in this setting is incalculable. Learning from one another begins within a safe community, where communal engagement helps us gain new perspectives and guides our future decisions. This social-emotional experience is directed through our morning meetings and extended with games and interactive modeling throughout the day. Whether through reading projects, role-playing, or team-building games, students develop character by learning values, social-emotional principles, and life skills.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- The inquiry-based program at The Embankment School is perfectly complemented by a focus on analytical and scientific approaches to problem solving. Quantitative and numerical literacy is fundamental to success. Furthermore, as technology becomes more interwoven in the fabric of everyday life, learning to use technology not only as a tool to facilitate discrete problem solving, but as a way of finding solutions for abstract and undefined problems, is critical for future success. The Embankment School curriculum uses real-world situations, hands-on experimentation and manipulatives, combined with an emphasis on self-driven experimentation, examination, and investigation to support student success in applying quantitative and analytical principles from day one.