The Hanal High School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. John the Evangelist Catholic School provides a climate where faith, trust and love for God and others is encouraged, lived and witnessed; to enable children to develop their potential and to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to contribute to a just and healthy society and establish structures to work for peace in our world.
- St. John School embraces cultural diversity in an atmosphere of understanding and respect.
- St. John the Evangelist School is dedicated to the child totally recognizing each child's share in God's life.
- This total education must prepare him/her not only for life in the foreseeable future but well into the 21st Century.
- School years shape children's understanding and values of themselves and their world.
- The teacher's aim is to stimulate a zest for learning among students, to equip them with decision making and critical thinking skills, to help them develop the abilities to question and reason, and to form a positive attitude toward life with a firm desire to be witnesses to Christ.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lee Grades: NS-8 | 284 students
359 Whiteman St
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
(201)944-0421 1.2 NS-8
- Englewood Grades: PK-8 | 436 students
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201)568-5566 2.9 PK-8
- Hasbrouck Heights Grades: PK-8 | 442 students
215 Kipp Avenue
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
(201)288-0614 4.8 PK-8
St John School provides a positive and safe environment for all students. It is a school in which all teachers are truly dedicated to the spiritual, social, and academic development of their students. Its curriculum is rigorous and engaging. This is an amazing place where children feel welcome and part of a family. St. John school is definetely nourishing a passion for learning in its students.
- Posted by Parent - abrit
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.