The Montessori School Of Washington Park
- MSWP offers primary age children, 15 months-6 years of age a Montessori education at our Denver location.
- Our peaceful and prepared environment fosters independence, respect, and joy in learning while embracing a child’s natural wonder and curiosity.
- We set the bar high, for our students, staff & parents.
- Join us for a tour to see our facility and meet the staff- call 303-722-7708.
- Immediate openings! Maria Montessori recognized that children are the teachers of humanity, that young people, with their ideals and lack of attachment to tradition, can lead the way to a more human existence. Join us in this journey!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$875|
|Tuition Notes||Full day tuition. We do offer Half day slots as well.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mary Purfield|
- Founded in 1975, the Montessori School of Washington Park offers a tremendous experiential learning environment for children ages 3 to 6. Through exploration and observation, children are encouraged to grow and develop socially, emotionally, and academically at their own paces. Children learn through modeling and experimentation, aided by materials that provoke thought, bolster confidence, and encourage awareness. At the Montessori School of Washington Park, the child is the center of the classroom experience. As mentors, guides, and teachers, we seek to provide opportunities to nurture confidence and competence, to foster the child's love of learning and assist in development of a positive self image. We offer a safe, stimulating, and supportive environment in which children may grow and develop into responsible, contributing citizens of the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DenverGrades: NS-K | 90 students
Denver, CO 80206
- DenverGrades: NS-6 | 69 students
1000 Speer Blvd.
Denver, CO 80204
- DenverGrades: NS-K | 80 students
8101 E Belleview Ave T-20
Denver, CO 80237
- DenverGrades: NS-5 | 199 students
2500 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80205
- BoulderGrades: PK-K | 40 students
5524 Baseline Rd
Boulder, CO 80303
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.