The Regis School Of The Sacred Heart
5.00 (6 reviews)
- The Regis School of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic school for boys 3 Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
- The diligence of our students leads them to acceptance at the college preparatory high school of their choice.
- Regis shares a commitment to educate our students to a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness which impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
- We encourage each boy to develop his personal faith and to grow in his relationship with God as expressed in his own faith tradition.
- We teach respect for the various religions of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||272 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $10,689-$22,464, depending on grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Schneider|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Golf,
Track and Field
- The Regis School of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic school for boys 3 Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade. The diligence of our students leads them to acceptance at the college preparatory high school of their choice. Regis shares a commitment to educate our students to a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness which impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom. We encourage each boy to develop his personal faith and to grow in his relationship with God as expressed in his own faith tradition. We teach respect for the various religions of the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
League CityGrades: K-12 | 808 students
4800 W Main St
League City, TX 77573
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 726 students
10202 Memorial Dr
Houston, TX 77024
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 348 students
1321 Wirt Rd
Houston, TX 77055
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1206 students
7455 Awty School Ln
Houston, TX 77055
The Regis School is a true hidden gem in the city of Houston. My son has been a student at Regis for 8 years, starting in Kindergarten. As he is approaching graduation from Regis in the next year, I have been reflecting on what the Regis experience has been for our family. Quite simply, it's been a blessing! The all boy environment allows boys to thrive in an academically challenging environment with the focus on how boys learn best: lots of physical activity and hands on learning. I also love the focus on others through Regis' strong social awareness program. Regular, school wide service days where the experience of serving those less fortunate than ourselves is a truly humbling and gratifying experience for the boys. The emphasis of educating the whole boy (academically, spiritually, physically, socially) is what sets Regis apart from other schools. The fact that Regis graduates receive their first choice in high school admissions is truly a testament to the Regis experience. Our son was a only little boy when he started at Regis and we are so proud of the gentleman, scholar, leader and athlete he has become.
- Posted by Parent - anne2
We are so thankful we discovered Regis. We enrolled our son this year year, in Second Grade. He's always been a happy child but had we known the gravity of his happiness potential, we would have begun his education there. He has gained confidence as a whole child, in academics, sports, and overall being. His spirituality has been ignited and his tendencies towards deep questions and thoughts have been strengthened. Regis really understands the composition of boys and genuinely works towards preparing them to become gentlemen in a positive way and method. We are so pleased & our son is just thriving.
- Posted by Parent - Aodda
I have been associated with a number of both public and private, Catholic schools over the course of my career, but have never seen such a high level of dedication in my fellow teachers and staff members. Each person here is hugely invested in the success of each of the students. The boys thrive in an all-boys environment in which teachers understand how to motivate and inspire boys to learn.
- Posted by Administrator - bschn
The teachers and staff at Regis have been instrumental in the development of our son, and all of the boys, going from a Pre-K 3 student into the gentleman he is today in middle school. They have ignited a passion for science, math, reading and opened his mind to all of the possibilities that he can do. The tag line creating scholars and gentlemen is real and is something tangible, not just words on a banner at The Regis School of the Sacred Heart.
- Posted by Parent - wanda
So many people believe that elementary school can be anywhere, but I truly believe watching my son develop basic values and skills in this inclusive challenging and healthy environment is what will give him the tools for success as he grows. We are so happy to be a part of this great community. My son is in his third year of lower school and demonstrates character and confidence beyond his years. It is truly a place that prioritizes challenging academics encompassed in a supportive value based environment. It is a balanced approach to creating the best of each and every boy.
- Posted by Parent - mar2t
Students are well prepared to attend college preparatory high schools. In addition to strong academics we appreciate that The Regis School reinforces what we teach our sons at home: faith, respect, diligence, and responsibility.
- Posted by Parent - Stacy
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?