The Regis School Of The Sacred Heart
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (713) 682-8383
The Regis School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #6 - 3rd Grade completes social awareness service project at Hermann Park
- The Regis School of the Sacred Heart`s core strength is teaching boys and creating scholars and gentlemen.
- All instruction students receive is grounded in the Sacred Heart Goals and educational mission of faith, intellect, service, community, and maturity. Based upon the Goals, Regis students move through a deliberate progression from a guided learner to an active participant to an effective contributor, and ultimately to become an engaged leader.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)|
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
International Boys' Schools Coalition
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,013|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $12,211-$24,013, depending on grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Davenport|
|Admissions Associate||Sheila Messina|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The Regis School of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic school for boys of all faiths. Our students bring to life a global perspective that is mirrored in the heartbeat of Houston`s culturally-diverse landscape. We possess a playful and robust spirit that reflects the adventurous, analytical minds of our students. Our mission-driven approach to education is grounded in the 200 year old Sacred Heart tradition, providing us with a foundation that is virtuous and strong.
- Under the shade of large oak trees and inside the sacred walls of Regis, we celebrate the development of strong character through an experiential and inquisitive learning environment. We are stewards of courageous leadership, curious intellect and active engagement.
- As the premier, all-boys Pre-K8thgrade Independent educator in Houston, we are charged with staying true to passionate teaching and deep learning through best practices in boys` education. Our graduates are highly-recognizable gentlemen and scholars built with the tenacity to tackle Houston`s top high schools. The Regis community welcomes boys who seek a competitive yet inclusive experience-all who enter are forever brothers in faith and family.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 336 students
1321 Wirt Rd
Houston, TX 77055
(713) 686-8811 0.5 PK-12
- Katy Grades: NS-12 | 80 students
1941 Westborough Dr
Katy, TX 77449
(281) 829-1175 15.1 NS-12
Well there is too much to say about Regis that would easily exceed almost any educational program through eighth grade in this city. I am now in my first year of high school and owe a great deal of my knowledge, and spiritual awareness to Regis. I attended Regis for ten and a half years and was in my eighth grade year only a few months ago. The teachers and instructors don't just walk through the motions with you, they care, nurture, and really want you to succeed; no matter what! If you are considering having your child attend Regis just shoot me an email, and I would love to give an honest opinion and share my experiences with Regis as a new email@example.com
- Posted by Student/Alumni - N
The Regis School is a true hidden gem in the city of Houston. My son has been a student at Regis for 8 years, starting in Kindergarten. As he is approaching graduation from Regis in the next year, I have been reflecting on what the Regis experience has been for our family. Quite simply, it's been a blessing! The all boy environment allows boys to thrive in an academically challenging environment with the focus on how boys learn best: lots of physical activity and hands on learning. I also love the focus on others through Regis' strong social awareness program. Regular, school wide service days where the experience of serving those less fortunate than ourselves is a truly humbling and gratifying experience for the boys. The emphasis of educating the whole boy (academically, spiritually, physically, socially) is what sets Regis apart from other schools. The fact that Regis graduates receive their first choice in high school admissions is truly a testament to the Regis experience. Our son was a only little boy when he started at Regis and we are so proud of the gentleman, scholar, leader and athlete he has become.
- Posted by Parent - anne2
We are so thankful we discovered Regis. We enrolled our son this year year, in Second Grade. He's always been a happy child but had we known the gravity of his happiness potential, we would have begun his education there. He has gained confidence as a whole child, in academics, sports, and overall being. His spirituality has been ignited and his tendencies towards deep questions and thoughts have been strengthened. Regis really understands the composition of boys and genuinely works towards preparing them to become gentlemen in a positive way and method. We are so pleased & our son is just thriving.
- Posted by Parent - Aodda
I have been associated with a number of both public and private, Catholic schools over the course of my career, but have never seen such a high level of dedication in my fellow teachers and staff members. Each person here is hugely invested in the success of each of the students. The boys thrive in an all-boys environment in which teachers understand how to motivate and inspire boys to learn.
- Posted by Administrator - bschn
The teachers and staff at Regis have been instrumental in the development of our son, and all of the boys, going from a Pre-K 3 student into the gentleman he is today in middle school. They have ignited a passion for science, math, reading and opened his mind to all of the possibilities that he can do. The tag line creating scholars and gentlemen is real and is something tangible, not just words on a banner at The Regis School of the Sacred Heart.
- Posted by Parent - wanda
So many people believe that elementary school can be anywhere, but I truly believe watching my son develop basic values and skills in this inclusive challenging and healthy environment is what will give him the tools for success as he grows. We are so happy to be a part of this great community. My son is in his third year of lower school and demonstrates character and confidence beyond his years. It is truly a place that prioritizes challenging academics encompassed in a supportive value based environment. It is a balanced approach to creating the best of each and every boy.
- Posted by Parent - mar2t
Students are well prepared to attend college preparatory high schools. In addition to strong academics we appreciate that The Regis School reinforces what we teach our sons at home: faith, respect, diligence, and responsibility.
- Posted by Parent - Stacy