The Waldorf Scho
The Waldorf Scho ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
Academics and Faculty
(no logos, tank tops, short shorts)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Waldorf School of Tampa Bay is a 22-year-old private, independent Waldorf school located on the Gulf Coast of Florida just minutes from beautiful beaches and wildlife preserves. We are less than 20 miles from the Tampa International Airport, and 25 miles from downtown St. Petersburg.
- We serve Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade, with our Parent and Child classes offered for children as young as one year old. Class size is of critical importance to us, therefore we are committed to holding classes with a maximum of 18 students..
- In addition, Nursery and Kindergarten classes each have two, full-time teachers.Our school year runs from late August through late May, and we are a rolling admissions school.
- Our Annual Tuition & Policies Package for the 21-22 school year can be viewed here. We do not offer a VPK program, but accept Step-Up, Family Empowerment, McKay and Gardiner Scholarships from the State of Florida for children five years and older.
- We strive for diversity and inclusiveness by attracting and enrolling families of all races, religions, ethnic and economic backgrounds. Currently, 46% of our students and faculty identify as members of a cultural or ethnic minority.
- We believe the Waldorf Difference is more than the transformation of education -- it is a lifestyle for the entire family.
- We are a thriving community of active parents, grandparents, caregivers and friends who are passionate about Waldorf education, and enthusiastically participate in school events.
- Like all Waldorf Schools in the world, we are a media-free campus and only introduce technology in the Eighth Grade. We ask all our families to practice media mindfulness at home.
- There is no standardized or state testing at our school. Students work collaboratively, not competitively. Teachers frequently evaluate and assess the students in a qualitative way, providing a complete picture of each child`s progress and communicating closely with parents year-round.We are not a special needs school.
- We are committed, however, to serving every child we can with our existing curriculum. Please contact our Enrollment Director to learn more.
Endorse The Waldorf Scho. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards