The Young School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (410) 381-6191
- The mission of The Young School is to foster personal excellence by providing a dynamic learning environment where each child discovers and develops his or her unique gifts and abilities.
- The perfect balance of hands-on learning and fundamental skills. Perhaps it's a school that encourages your child to rise to his or her own ability level in each subject.
- You imagine a unique educational environment that uncovers your child's talents while he or she discovers the true joy of learning.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 312-7413 0.7 NS-8
- Columbia Grades: NS-12 | 907 students
10960 Grantchester Way
Columbia, MD 21044
(877) 804-6222 16.5 NS-12
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202) 537-6900 18 PK-12
- Bowie Grades: PK-5 | 68 students
16010 Annapolis Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
(301) 262-7683 15.5 PK-5
- Elkridge Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410) 796-3040 8.8 PK-8
The Young School has proven to be a great choice for our son`s early childhood education! He just turned four and has enjoyed every moment of the last 2.5 years as he has grown lasting friendships and learned so much through their hands-on curriculum that my son responds to very well. This school is a clear pick when you are touring schools - we found no better option!
- Posted by Parent - Danyelle Blackwell
Well organized with less turnover than surround schools. Baby rooms are welcoming without lined up cribs giving the feeling of "cages" as I saw elsewhere. Kids have true connection with teachers.
- Posted by Parent - kay.h
My daughter has been attending the Young School for the past two months and I have loved everything about the school so far. When I first walked through the place, I wanted to enroll myself -- it looked so engaging. Their philosophy is to provide students endless opportunities to interact with the real world. Our daughter plays with a variety of fabrics and mirrors and watches a fish tank. They expose her to books even at this young age. Our main care worker cared enough about our daughter to bring in an outfit for their spring "Butterfly Picnic" where they get to see the release of a bunch of butterflies. It is a wonderful school. I highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Jjlif
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?