- Trivium School, founded in 1979, is an independent co-educational day school.
- Trivium is dedicated to providing a Catholic and classical pre-liberal arts education to boys and girls in grades seven through twelve.
- Our goal is to introduce students to a Catholic understanding of the liberal arts and to lead them on the pathway of truth, goodness, and beauty.
- We use the Socratic discussion method so that students learn why something is.
- Real education ennobles us, corresponds to our Christian dignity, and enriches us for a lifetime.
- Trivium School's course of studies is based on the classical understanding of the liberal arts: the trivium of grammar, logic, and rhetoric, which are the arts of the mind and language, and the quadrivium of sciences and mathematics, which are the arts of matter and quantity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Physics 1|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||William M. Schmitt|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Chorus/Chorale, Drama/Art/Music Studios, Pro-Life Club, Writing Club Chess Club, Chorus/Chorale, Pro-Life Club, Writing Club, Drama/Art/Music Studios,
- Classical Catholic Education
- National Catholic High School Honor Roll
- Award Winning Curriculum
- Integrated Arts/Drama/Music Studios
- Median SAT score: 1270
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArlingtonGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
16 Medford St
Arlington, MA 02474
MedfieldGrades: 6-12 | 194 students
29 North St
Medfield, MA 02052
GrotonGrades: 9-12 | 397 students
Po Box 992, 26 Powderhouse Road
Groton, MA 01450
ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 383 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
NewtonGrades: 5-12 | 385 students
785 Centre St
Newton, MA 02458
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?