- Trivium School, founded in 1979, is an independent co-educational day school.
- Trivium is dedicated to providing a Catholic and classical pre-liberal arts education to boys and girls in grades seven through twelve.
- Our goal is to introduce students to a Catholic understanding of the liberal arts and to lead them on the pathway of truth, goodness, and beauty.
- We use the Socratic discussion method so that students learn why something is.
- Real education ennobles us, corresponds to our Christian dignity, and enriches us for a lifetime.
- Trivium School's course of studies is based on the classical understanding of the liberal arts: the trivium of grammar, logic, and rhetoric, which are the arts of the mind and language, and the quadrivium of sciences and mathematics, which are the arts of matter and quantity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Physics 1|
|Average SAT score||1380|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||William M. Schmitt|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Pro-Life Club, Writing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus/Chorale, Drama/Art/Music Studios
- Classical Catholic Education
- National Catholic High School Honor Roll
- Award Winning Curriculum
- Integrated Arts/Drama/Music Studios
- Median SAT score: 1380
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 390 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
(978)402-2250 17 9-12
- Groton Grades: 8-12 | 380 students
Po Box 991
Groton, MA 01450
(978)448-7510 12.3 8-12
- Marlborough Grades: 5-9 | 148 students
404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
(508)485-3483 8.7 5-9
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.