- Ursuline Academy is an independent college preparatory day school for young women in grades 7-12.
- Ursuline Academy is a Catholic school for young women that provides a college preparatory education rooted in the traditions and values of St. Angela Merici: excellence in education, respect for the uniqueness of the individual, development of the whole person, community and family spirit, cultivation of leadership qualities, and willingness to serve others, as embodied in its motto "Serviam".
- Ursuline Academy's uniqueness lies in its ability to maintain the important balance between a rigorous academic program and the total development of the student's heart, will and intellect.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,900|
|Tuition Notes||for the 2016-2017 school year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Maura Polles|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Curlett|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Ursuline Academy is an independent college preparatory day school for young women in grades 7-12. St. Angela Merici, foundress of the Order of St. Ursula, sought to educate the whole person. Her goal was to inspire young women to grow in faith, explore their academic potential, lead with confidence and help those in need. Today, this holistic approach to academics is thriving at Ursuline Academy, where each young woman is appreciated for her existing talents, and encouraged to bring her hidden talents to the forefront.
- Ursuline Academy educates young women for a life that reaches toward the Light and the Good.The seven stars on our shield represent our guiding values:
- 1. Soul: We base our identity in the writings of our foundress, St. Angela Merici, in the Ursuline tradition, and in our connections with the global Ursuline community.
- 2. Scholarship: We emphasize the dual values of academic achievement and intellectual curiosity for its own sake.
- 3. Spirituality: We gather for prayer, liturgies, and retreats to direct ourselves toward the goodness of God.
- 4. Sharing our Light: We sing, dance, write, play, paint and program, always celebrating our diverse backgrounds and gifts.
- 5. Sportsmanship: We compete enthusiastically and conscientiously, and to give glory to God alone (Soli Deo Gloria).
- 6. Solidarity: We are a welcoming community that fosters respect for every human being and for all of God`s creation.
- 7. Serviam: We seek to be a generous people who live the motto, "I will serve."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: 9-12 | 335 students
930 Brook Road
Milton, MA 02186
(617)615-3014 6.5 9-12
- Wellesley Grades: 5-12 | 484 students
45 Dana Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
(781)235-3010 6.3 5-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617)735-9503 7.7 5-12
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617)898-1798 5.9 K-12
- Dedham Grades: 7-12 | 590 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
(781)326-3700 1.2 7-12
Coming to Ursuline has been the best decision for my 9th grade daughter. She has found challenging academics, caring teachers, and 70 sisters for life in her classmates.
- Posted by Parent - ejfaz