Valley School Of Ligonier
Visitors throughout the years have often commented that Valley students are engaging and respectful and teachers are smiling and involved.
Children and adults flourish in this environment for many reasons.
Valley is a welcoming community, one in which students benefit from small classes; teachers nurture and know students as individuals; a broad-based curriculum is taught beginning in kindergarten; and opportunities exist for every child to explore athletics and the arts.
Our students develop a love of learning and continue succeeding in many avenues, both professionally and personally, and many remain close friends years after graduation.
Early excitement for learning can set the stage for life.
We invite you to come to Valley School, be that visitor, and see the smiling faces.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 180 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,990
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- Thank you for considering Valley School of Ligonier for your family. We are committed to providing a superior whole-child education that cultivates the full potential in each of our students. On a campus of pristine woodlands, Valley School students experience academic and character development programs that support high intellectual achievement and social and emotional well-being. At Valley School, we value community and connectedness, but we also recognize and appreciate the uniqueness of each individual. Our dedicated faculty work constantly to keep abreast of the best educational practices, and utilize the flexible spaces in their classrooms to accommodate a variety of learning preferences. From kindergarten through graduation, Valley School students benefit from our well-balanced curriculum that includes core academics, world languages, visual arts, technology, athletics, and community service. Small classes mean that teachers and students know one another as individuals, feel and participate in the support of the Valley School community, grow to be comfortable with self-expression, and learn to advocate compassionately for themselves and others. We believe that nurturing the curiosity of childhood creates a foundation for a lifelong love of learning. We encourage our students to boldly pursue their passions, take intellectual risks, learn from their mistakes, and take pride in their academic and personal accomplishments. It is our joy, as a community, to see our students exceed their own expectations, become excited about challenges, develop a growth mindset, and become competent and conscientious young adults.
Source: Verified school update
Valley School of Ligonier has been the best option for our family. I love the community aspect of Valley. The administration and staff are always readily available to us. The teachers care about the development of the whole child and not only academics.
The Valley School of Ligonier provides a warm, family environment for students and allows them to realize their potential academically, socially, and emotionally. As current parents, we cannot say enough wonderful things about this school, the teachers, and the school leaders. Valley encourages children to grow into responsible citizens and caring humans in addition to creatively challenging them academically. We are so fortunate to be part of the Valley community!
Valley is exceptional. Children are encouraged to be individuals and to learn about things that interest them. The teachers and staff at Valley are enthusiastic and caring. Very welcoming community.
Valley School has been a true gift for our family. Our children have transformed during their time at VSL. The school has high standards for students stemming from both its challenging curriculum, but more important the school's focus on core values. Valley is built on helping students advance their educational strengths and foster a supportive community between educators, administrators, and families. The small class size, wooded campus and extra-curricular programs must be experienced to be appreciated.
Valley School of Ligonier is truly one of a kind! It is not only a place where my children have been taught to read and write but where they have been nurtured in understanding the value of respect, responsibility, integrity, honor, and self-advocacy. Whether the student is in Kindergarten or 9th grade, each will greet you with a hand-shake and have the confidence to tell you what they love about attending Valley. Valley School is not only an amazing institution for learning but a community/family that supports every single person who is involved with the school, past or present. The faculty takes immense pride in working with each student assisting them in being the best they can be. The Administration is continuously supporting and evaluating best practices with the curriculum to make sure Valley students are competitive. You will be very hard press to find another school that will prepare your children socially, emotionally and physically. With that being said, it is a FUN place to go to school. Not only for the students but for the parents as well! Each new year presents itself with new activities on and off-campus. Valley School is constantly allowing students to grow. We moved from Pittsburgh to the Laurel Highlands ten years ago to send our children to the Valley School; it was truly the best decision we have ever made.
Great learning environment where everyone is friendly and welcoming.
Every child should have the opportunity to attend a school like Valley where students and teachers are learners in a positive and challenging environment.
Endorse Valley School Of Ligonier. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.