Each child follows a unique learning path. At Wilson-Kindelan we empower every child to discover their best self through our individualized approach to education.
Every learning modality is honored and utilized; every joy embraced. Our individualized approach follows the Wilson-Kindelan Method (WKM), based on Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
Our method brings this theory to life by nurturing a child's multiple intelligences: Cognitive, Emotional, Interpersonal, Physiological, Aesthetic & Spiritual. Our school culture celebrates diversity recognizing that this leads to greater tolerance and a more engaged citizens.
We are a Tuition Free school for all families that qualify under Federal guidelines. We are dedicated to providing generous scholarships to all families.
Wilson-Kindelan School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition-free to $6000 average cost. We provide very strong scholarship opportunities for ALL of our students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$36,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Veronica Guerrero-Macia|
|Endowment Size||$3.50 million|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cycling, Dance, Intramural Sports OnlyCycling, Dance,|
Intramural Sports Only
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Gardening, Meditation Club, Spanish
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Wilson-Kindelan School is dedicated to utilizing the Best Practices in education to engages ALL students as their "best selves". We take pride in our students as lively, engaged, and thoughtful members of the community.
- Our academics are based on extensive research and developed to foster deep educational curiosity.
- Academics at Wilson-Kindelan include the core areas of reading, language arts, mathematics, science, history & social science, as well as health, physical education, music and visual arts. The WKS Method provides an individualized approach which connects subject areas through multi-disciplinary units to enhance learning and deepen higher order thinking skills.
- Yoga & Mindfulness
- We start every day with a Yoga and meditation practice to center and focus our students and become engaged in the activites of the day. This inovative approach has been shown to enhance thoughfulness and kindness in the classroom as well as allow creativity to flourish.
- El Sistema & Suzuki
- Students participate in El Sistema and vocal music instruction utilizing the Suzuki Method. El Sistema is a set of inspiring ideals that inform and an intensive youth music program seeking to effect social change through the ambitious pursuit of musical excellence. El Sistema @ Wilson-Kindelan is the first such program south of Boston. The Suzuki Method includes heavy parental involvement, small ensemble work, and early introduction to the instrument (voice or violin).
- Engineering is Elementary
- Engineering is Elementary is a project-based, collaborative way of introducing scientific method, design, building and evaluation into elementary classrooms. The units explore, design and build dynamic real-time structures and processes within the sciences to expand the understanding of basic scientific principles.
- Reading & Language Arts
- Open CourtReading
- Open Court is a comprehensive reading, writing and language arts curriculum that is systematic, research-based and provides resources to support best teaching practices through a multi modal approach. Open Court has 50 years of experience and research behind it.
- Everyday Mathematics
- Everyday Mathematics is a field-tested and research-based math program that emphasizes use of concrete examples, spiraling concepts, frequent practice and multiple methods of problem-solving. Everyday Mathematics is an extremely effective curriculum that engages and builds confident math learners.
- The Wilson-Kindelan School is proud to offer Spanish as a Second Language to our students. This program follows a natural progression of listening, speaking, reading and writing within a contextual basis. Our classes are taught by a native speaker.
- History & Social Science
- History & Social Science at the Wilson-Kindelan School is interdisciplinary; history, geography, economics and civics are taught in an integrated, holistic way. Children learn through a multi-modal approach that makes exploration of communities, world events and cultural connections interesting and engaging.
- Health & Physical Education
- The Wilson-Kindelan School uses a three-pronged approach to Health and well-being: Learning about your body, Using your body, and Protecting your body (LUP). Learning about your body is basic anatomy and physiology, healthy habits, and safety. Using your body includes physical activity and mindfulness. Protecting your body is a unique addition that we offer. Since we know how difficult it can be to get our children to all of their doctor's appointments, we provide twice yearly dental, medical, auditory and optical screenings for all students at no additional cost.
- Visual Arts
- Visual Arts at the Wilson-Kindelan School follow the Massachusetts State Framework. The five areas of understanding are Methods, Design, Expression, Exhibiting and Critical Response. By exploring, producing, demonstrating and responding to visual art, a child opens pathways to contextualizing the world and the richness of the visual arts in it.
People that viewed Wilson-Kindelan School also viewed these schools: Delphi Academy of Boston, St. Agatha School, St. Mary Of The Hills School, May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and Learning Prep School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: PK-8 | 371 students
440 Adams Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 696-3548 2.2 PK-8
- Milton Grades: PK-8 | 290 students
250 Brook Rd
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 698-2464 0.3 PK-8
- Randolph Grades: K-12
41 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
(781) 437-1300 7.3 K-12
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.