Beacon Hill School
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 114 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,500
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Beacon Hill School is an independent, traditional, all-faith, coeducational school incorporating preschool through grade eight in Hollywood, Florida. Founded by Irving and Cherie Liss in 1959, Beacon Hill School continues to be run by the Liss family under the leadership of Executive Director Andrew Liss. Beacon Hill School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Association of Independent Schools of Florida, and the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation and is a member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation and the Broward County Non Public School Association.
- Beacon Hill School is dedicated to the fundamental philosophy, "The future belongs to those who prepare." To achieve this goal, Beacon Hill fosters the holistic development of each child. At Beacon Hill School, the goal of schooling is to help each child grow into a knowledgeable, responsible adult who can find personal meaning and satisfaction in using his/her skills, talents, and creativity. This focus requires cognitive and intellectual, physical, aesthetic, social, emotional, moral, and spiritual development and growth in a caring, supportive environment that enables each child to reach his/her maximum potential and feel pride in his/her accomplishments.
- Thoughtfully planned, age appropriate programs taught by experienced certified teachers ensure the growth and development of each child. All of the teachers at Beacon Hill School are certified by the State of Florida and the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services. Masters degrees are held by many of the faculty members. Our faculty represents over 160 years of experience in the field of education.
- Our Early Childhood teachers have all completed their Early Childhood requirements and all have had background checks. The specialty teachers at Beacon Hill School include Physical Education, Art, Music, Spanish, and Computer Studies are all facilitated by professionals in their fields.
Endorse Beacon Hill School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards