Bellevue Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Bellevue Christian offers grades Preschool - Grade 12 Three locations: Medina (Pre-6th), Clyde Hill (7-12) and Woodinville (Pre-6th)
- We grant high school diplomas and college credits are available.
- Our school is approved by the State of Washington and accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
- Our four-year approach to planning in High School promotes: becoming a more well-rounded Christian while exploring and challenging yourself in new areas of study; developing your individual gifts and strengths in the context of an active learning community; and balancing coursework and co-curricular activities to meet your goals and interests.
- Students are engaged in active learning where they learn how to think, not what to think.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||1037 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
- BCS High School is purposely small and personal ' 360 students, approximately 90 per grade level (9-12). There are 32 faculty and an amazing depth and breadth of program. We offer a high school diploma and are approved by the State of Washington and accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools. Our four-year approach to planning in High School promotes: becoming a more well-rounded Christian while exploring and challenging yourself in new areas of study; developing your individual gifts and strengths in the context of an active learning community; and balancing coursework and co-curricular activities to meet your goals and interests. Students are engaged in active learning where they learn how to think, not what to think.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-6 | 78 students
625 140th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98005
(425)746-3258 2.7 PK-6
Our 2 boys started at BCS in Kindergarten. They are now in 7th grade (junior high) and 4th grade (Three Points). We are overwhelmed with how positive our experience has been here. The Christian foundation they are learning here is unprecedented. The care and commitment the teachers take in knowing each of the kids and mentoring them at every stage is humbling. We feel honored to have our kids educated at this school and are committed to giving back in the community of BCS as much as we feel like the community has offered us. We feel like we have a true family here. Thank you for all that you are doing for our kids!
- Posted by Parent - Jen Faley
Both of our daughters attended Bellevue Christian and received a strong spiritual foundation combined with excellent academics. The older daughter is a practicing physician doing a fellowship in endocrinology and is deeply engaged with her church in Los Angeles. Our younger daughter did a gap year with Youth With A Mission before studying computer science and is now working as a developer with Facebook in New York. My wife and I are deeply grateful to all Bellevue Christian has meant to our family and recommend it to anyone who considers private Christian education for their children.
- Posted by Parent - Scott Lampe
We have 2 children attending BCS. We are very happy with the faith teaching, academic rigor, and attention to our children's individual gifting. The teachers, staff and parent community are all invested in who they are and who they will become. Our experience has been wonderful at BCS.
- Posted by Parent - BCS Parent
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.