Bethany Christian School
Bethany Christian School Photo #2 - Bethany Christian School provides a Christian education for children who are Nursery-aged, all the way through Grade 8. The average BCS 8th grader graduates with a college freshman level education and matriculates into the area high schools of their choice.
Bethany Christian School Photo #3 - In addition to the core courses of math, reading and language arts, we integrate computer, science, and social studies into our curriculum from the earliest elementary years. Art, Spanish, Computer, Choir, Music, Bible, and Physical Education are a part of Bethany's standard curriculum starting in Preschool.
Bethany Christian School Photo #4 - From Kindergarten on, our students experience a strong reading and spelling program combined with exciting literature, projects and activities. Also introduced is a challenging manipulative math program.
Bethany Christian School Photo #5 - Bethany Christian Schools plays competitive team sports with other local area schools. BCS is a member of the Small School Athletic League (SSAL). Schools compete on Bethany's home court (at our on-campus gym), or at our Carter Park track and field, and travel to away games.
Bethany Christian School Photo #6 - Hard work, character, and sportsmanship are at the heart of all our athletic programs. Competitive afterschool athletics are available for students starting in Elementary school (2nd-5th grades) through Middle School (6th-8th grades). Ours is a truly developmental program; a safe harbor to gain experience for future activities.
Bethany Christian School Photo #7 - Music and the Fine Arts are an integral part of the BCS landscape. Bethany is widely recognized for its extensive music program. Sight-reading is introduced at an early age, and reinforced throughout the student's school career. The Middle School holds an Annual Spring Musical.
Bethany Christian School Photo #8 - Bethany Christian School has been the host school for the ACSI Regional Science Fair for many years. Schools as far north as West Palm come to our campus to participate in this annual event. All science classes engage in hands-on science labs, the teaching of scientific thinking and processes, science fair projects, and local field trips.
Bethany Christian School Photo #9 - Bethany's technology curriculum boasts a Middle School program focusing on Broadway-style production soundboard operation, lighting software programs, as well as the creation of slideshows and multimedia presentations.
Bethany Christian School Photo #10 - Our students regularly support the Village of Hope Orphanage in Haiti by packing meals, donating school supplies, and going on Spring Break Mission Trips to Haiti. We teach our students to be servant-minded and to think of others before themselves. Showing them it is not "if they can impact the world", but "how they can impact it".
- Bethany Christian School, established in 1980, is a ministry of Rio Vista Community Church and offers a Nursery program, a PK program and Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- Ranked in top 10% nationally on standardized IOWA test scores.
- Bethany is well known for offering academic excellence in a nurturing, Christ-centered environment.
- Small class sizes coupled with individualized attention ensure that our students experience maximum success on the academic, emotional, and spiritual fronts.
- Led by God, founded on Biblical truth, Bethany Christian School seeks excellence through nurturing and education our precious children, equipping them to celebrate an everlasting relationship with our Lord.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
Christian Schools of Florida
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Advanced Courses||High School Credit - Algebra 1, High School Credit - Spanish 1,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,100|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 Tuition Rates: Nursery 5-full days: $8700, PK2 2-half days: $4600, PK2 3-half days: $5900, PK2 5-half days: $6900, PK2 5-full days: $8200, PK3 3-half days: $5900, PK3 5-half days: $6900, PK3 5-full days: $8200, PK4 5-full days:|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marne MacPhee|
|Admissions Associate||Mattia Spada|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Middle School Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Art, Honors Choir, Middle School Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary Intramural Sports
- EXCELLENCE IN ACADEMICS: Year after year, Bethany Christian School students achieve scores well above the national average on the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills. For the last three school years, every single one of Bethany`s classes - without exception - ranked in the top 10% of classes nationwide.
- For the second consecutive year, our Kindergarten program ranked in the top 1% in the nation - highlighting the effectiveness of both our Preschool and our Kindergarten programs. At the other end of the elementary spectrum, our fifth-grade class ranked in the top 2% of classes nationwide.
- For the second consecutive year, Bethany`s elementary program (K-5) ranked in the top 4% of elementary schools. Not to be outdone, our Middle School students also performed exceptionally well. Both our seventh-grade and eighth-grade classes demonstrated a grade equivalency on par with the nation`s average high school senior. Overall, Bethany students are ranked top 10% in the nation.
- In addition, BCS students are routinely selected for the Duke University Talent Identification Program on the basis of their superior ITBS scores. Bethany's middle school graduates routinely matriculate into the high schools of their choice. In the past, our eighth-graders have been accepted to St. Thomas Aquinas, Cardinal Gibbons, Westminster Academy, University School, Calvary Christian, Pine Crest, and American Heritage.
- BCS is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the National Council for Private School Accreditation, and Christian Schools of Florida. Bethany is also a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- OUR LOCATION IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA: Bethany Christian School is located on US1 (South Federal Highway between Broward Boulevard and Davie Boulevard) in Ft. Lauderdale. From I-95, exit Broward Boulevard (east). Turn right (south) on US-1 and proceed through the Kinney Tunnel. The school office is on the corner of US1 and SE 8th Street.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 475 students
820 Ne 3rd Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954)467-7747 0.9 PK-8
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
7011 W Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
(954)584-6816 7.2 PK-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.