Tel: (610) 833-1722
- Buxmont Academy provide programs for troubled and at-risk youth in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Our students and clients are boys and girls, grades 1 to 12, struggling with a wide range of behavioral and emotional problems, including: learning difficulties, drug and alcohol abuse, legal problems, family problems, impulsive or aggressive behavior, lack of self-esteem, mental health issues, ADD/ADHD, oppositional defiance disorder, sexual, physical or emotional abuse, truancy, school suspensions and expulsions.
- Our educational program consists of small classes with academic studies individualized according to each youths abilities and needs.
- Students can receive one-on-one attention through our tutoring program, and there are certified special education teachers at all sites.
- Students may choose to participate in creative arts electives, including art, music, computers and digital photography.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Buxmont Academy is Woodlyn Christian School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodlyn Grades: PK-12 | 58 students
Macdade Blvd & School Ln
Woodlyn, PA 19094
(610) 833-2253 0.2 PK-12
- Woodlyn Grades: PK-K | 9 students
219 Bullens Ln
Woodlyn, PA 19094
(610) 876-8884 0.6 PK-K
- Folsom Grades: 3-12 | 9 students
224 Milmont Ave
Folsom, PA 19033
(610) 485-4001 0.6 3-12
- Wallingford Grades: PK-K | 59 students
2 Chester Rd
Wallingford, PA 19086
(610) 872-0400 0.8 PK-K
- Swarthmore Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
990 Fairview Rd
Swarthmore, PA 19081
(610) 328-9330 0.8 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.