Ancona Montessori School-woodlyn
- Ancona educates students to become creative problem solvers, confident risk takers and independent, lifelong learners.
- Rooted in the Montessori tradition, our child-centered school stimulates the joy of learning and builds a strong academic foundation.
- We inspire children to nourish their inner lives, find the power in their own voices and strive for justice and peace.
- In a community of cultural and economic diversity, Ancona cultivates understanding, care and respect for others.
- Ancona School's philosophy is rooted in the insights of Maria Montessori, who observed that children are naturally motivated, active learners who build their own understandings of the world as they interact with their environment.
- A Montessori classroom encourages a child's active explorations of carefully prepared materials and empowers the child through choice and freedom to take charge of his/her own learning.
- Over the years, Ancona's Montessori inspired program has evolved, adding the insights and understandings of constructivism – that children learn by constructing meaning from their lived experiences – and of progressivism – that an education for a democratic society must be child-centered, that is, led by the child's interests, and grounded in authentic experiences – to the Montessori foundation.
- Together, the following principles form the complex mosaic of Ancona's unique Montessori inspired educational program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||9 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eatontown Grades: NS | 85 students
240 Broad St
Eatontown, NJ 07724
(732)544-9394 75.1 NS
- Teaneck Grades: 9-12 | 183 students
1135 Teaneck Rd
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201)862-1796 100.2 9-12
- Titusville Grades: 2-12 | 67 students
86 River Dr
Titusville, NJ 08560
(609)737-7733 39.1 2-12
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732)946-4771 67.9 6-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.