Cathedral High School
- Cathedral High School, a Catholic college preparatory school of the Archdiocese of New York located in the heart of Manhattan, welcomes young women of all faiths and cultures.
- We are a community of students, teachers, staff and parents committed to excellence in education, as well as the continued growth of our students in religious maturity, moral integrity and a sense of social justice. While students are constantly challenged to create foundations for lifelong learning and to develop the habits of mind essential to academic success, full attention is also given to the emotional, creative, social and spiritual aspects of each young woman.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||560 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Comparative Government and Politics, English, Environmental Science, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, US History and Government, World History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,795|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is payable over a 10 month period. Academic Scholarships awarded to incoming freshmen based on TACHS and report card grades.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Johanna Velez|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Fencing, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arbutus (Newspaper), Art Club, Billiards, Book Club, Brainiac Club, Cathedral Scholars, Dance, Deaf Culture Club, Fashionistas, Future Business Leaders of America, Guitar Club, Home Economics, Knitting Club, Marching Band, Masque & Mime (Drama), Mock Trial Team, Musical Theater and Chorus, National Honor Society, NYPD Explorers Program, Peer Tutors, Spires (Yearbook), STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math), Steppers, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Travel & Culture Club, Volunteer Service Club, Writing club Art Club, Billiards, Book Club, Brainiac Club, Dance, Fashionistas, Guitar Club, Home Economics, Knitting Club, Marching Band, Peer Tutors, Steppers, Writing club, Arbutus (Newspaper),|
Deaf Culture Club,
Future Business Leaders of America,
Masque & Mime (Drama),
Mock Trial Team,
Musical Theater and Chorus,
National Honor Society,
NYPD Explorers Program,
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math),
Travel & Culture Club,
Volunteer Service Club,
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the NY State Board of Regents.
- The CHS graduate leaves us a highly skilled, literate young women who is ready to attend a competitive college.
- The Class of 2017 earned over $29 million in college scholarships and grants with acceptances into top schools cush as New York University, Cornell University and University of Conneticut.
- Our Medical Gateways Program offers students interested in a career in the field of Medicine, an introduction to this field in both a classroom setting and through medical internship opportunities at several of clinical/hospital sites affiliated with our program.
- Our Law & Internship/Professional Development program offers our students the opportunity to learn from business leaders and gain the experience and skills necessary to be successful in numerous fileds such as law, business, and the technological marketplaces.
- STEM curriculum which includes courses such as Robotics, Technology Foundations and Technical Drawing in addition to a STEAM club.
- Wide selection of electives such as Forensic Science, Marine Biology Digital Photography, Music, Graphic Design, Entrepreneurship, Broadcasting and Journalism, Drama and more!
- CHS Students consider this school their second home, opportunities for homework help, tutoring, and after-school activities are available to all grades.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 478 students
151 E 65th St
New York, NY 10065
- New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 232 students
44 East 68th Street
New York, NY 10065
- New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 338 students
173 E 75th St
New York, NY 10021
- New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 350 students
327 W 13th St
New York, NY 10014
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 681 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
I attended Cathedral HS and it was a fantastic experience. I went on to the medical field and had excellant preparation. All of the areas in Cathedral from Academia to Extracurricular prepard me for my life choices. A phenominal exoeriance.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nanie