- Dexter strives to develop in each student academic and athletic skills, moral and spiritual attitudes and habits, and self-discipline so that he may make positive contributions to today's society.
- A range of offerings is available to students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- The curriculum is challenging, and high expectations are held for each student, yet the faculty provides a wide range of academic offerings and individualized programs.
- Dexter's athletic programs feature a combination of intramural and interscholastic offerings.
- In Kindergarten through Grade 2 physical education is a daily activity.
- Intramural competition is introduced in Grade 3 through Grade 6 during which students compete in many different sports with the goal of instilling a spirit of sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Beginning in Grade 7, athletes choose from a variety of interscholastic sports.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language, Greek, Latin Literature, Latin Vergil, Music Theory, Physics B, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, United States History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Jacket and tie beginning in Class Five)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||William H. Southwick|
|Admissions Associate||Dan Donato|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassadors Club, Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Dance Team, Independent Study, Robotics Club, Student Newspaper, Student Tour Guides, The Business of Sports, Yearbook Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Dance Team, Robotics Club, Yearbook, Ambassadors Club,|
Student Tour Guides,
The Business of Sports,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestnut HillGrades: 6-12 | 470 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
- Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 378 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- MiltonGrades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
- BrooklineGrades: PK-8 | 555 students
171 Goddard Avenue
Brookline, MA 02445
I have a 10th grade student at Southfield and an 8th grade student at Dexter, their academic growth and performance has been fantastic. They both love the school and their classmates. It has been a wonderful experience
- Posted by Parent - john.