Emmanuel Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (330) 836-7182
- Pre-K through 8th grade curriculum consists of bible, math, language arts, social studies, science/health, computer, spanish, physical education, music, and art.
- Creative performing arts program (choir, art, dance, drama and mime).
- Entrepreneurship/financial literacy program, middle school athletic program, community involvement, and summer enrichment program. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,250|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten tuition is $5,347. Kindergarten through Eighth Grade tuition is $4,250|
|Admissions Director||V. Rena Suber|
|Admissions Associate||Charlene Carroll|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and yearbook staff, choir, dance, drama|
- Educating Our Children in the Spirit of Excellence
- Emmanuel Christian Academy (Emmanuel) is an independent, non-denominational Christian school located in Akron, Ohio that serves children who are defined as at-risk and those underserved in traditional education systems. Emmanuel has had a life-changing impact on the lives of many children and their families since its founding 20 years ago. As a result our school has grown significantly. The school is accredited by the State of Ohio as an elementary school and offers pre-kindergarten through eighth grade with a current enrollment of 220.
- Two-thirds of Emmanuel’s enrollment is at or below federal poverty guidelines, all are minority students and half come from single-parent homes. In addition, the majority of our students live in the West Akron community, which has the highest concentration of African-Americans in Summit County. Notwithstanding the adversity, Emmanuel’s curriculum and special programming has been noted for excellence, providing its students with social and academic skills to achieve their full potential and make positive contributions to the community.
- We understand that our students’ needs stretch far beyond the classroom; therefore, our commitment to them and their success goes beyond school hours.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Grades: PK-8 | 360 students
500 Mull Ave
Akron, OH 44320
(330) 836-9107 2.1 PK-8
- Akron Grades: PK-6 | 106 students
1290 W Market St
Akron, OH 44313
(330) 836-9351 2.6 PK-6
- Akron Grades: K-8 | 99 students
539 S Arlington St
Akron, OH 44306
(330) 785-9116 4.2 K-8
- Tampa Grades: PK-K | 74 students
3000 N 34th St
Tampa, FL 33605
(813) 666-1568 906.2 PK-K
Now entering the 2nd grade, my son has attended ECA since Kindergarten. Long story short, I LOVE ECA! Mrs. Duncan (Kindergarten teacher) and Mrs. McElroy (First Grade teacher) have mastered the art of challenging and stretching my son! They encourage him! They correct him...all in love! They are truly an extension of our family! No school or person is perfect, but at ECA every effort and action is done in love! That character is invaluable!....ECA has an open door policy. One day I dropped in to volunteer for a while and had the chance to sit in on a middle school class, with Mrs. Jackson, and left blessed. She teaches with such passion! Her students were not merely a captive audience, they participated! They were engaged. This experience gave me something to look forward to! My son is in the 2nd grade now...but I eagerly anticipate his every progression! There's so much Christ-centered wisdom, knowledge, affection and love in this building, there is no place I''d rather be!
- Posted by Parent - miles
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?