Emmanuel Christian Academy
Pre-K through 8th grade curriculum consists of bible, math, language arts, social studies, science/health, computer, spanish, physical education, music, and art.
Creative performing arts program (choir, art, dance, drama and mime).
Entrepreneurship/financial literacy program, middle school athletic program, community involvement, and summer enrichment program. .
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 229 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,250
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Aug. 1
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
Pre-Kindergarten tuition is $5,347. Kindergarten through Eighth Grade tuition is $4,250
V. Rena Suber
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
and yearbook staff, choir, dance, drama
- Educating Our Children in the Spirit of Excellence
- Emmanuel Christian Academy (Emmanuel) is an independent, non-denominational Christian school located in Akron, Ohio that serves children who are defined as at-risk and those underserved in traditional education systems. Emmanuel has had a life-changing impact on the lives of many children and their families since its founding 20 years ago. As a result our school has grown significantly. The school is accredited by the State of Ohio as an elementary school and offers pre-kindergarten through eighth grade with a current enrollment of 220.
- Two-thirds of Emmanuel’s enrollment is at or below federal poverty guidelines, all are minority students and half come from single-parent homes. In addition, the majority of our students live in the West Akron community, which has the highest concentration of African-Americans in Summit County. Notwithstanding the adversity, Emmanuel’s curriculum and special programming has been noted for excellence, providing its students with social and academic skills to achieve their full potential and make positive contributions to the community.
- We understand that our students’ needs stretch far beyond the classroom; therefore, our commitment to them and their success goes beyond school hours.
Source: Verified school update
Now entering the 2nd grade, my son has attended ECA since Kindergarten. Long story short, I LOVE ECA! Mrs. Duncan (Kindergarten teacher) and Mrs. McElroy (First Grade teacher) have mastered the art of challenging and stretching my son! They encourage him! They correct him...all in love! They are truly an extension of our family! No school or person is perfect, but at ECA every effort and action is done in love! That character is invaluable!....ECA has an open door policy. One day I dropped in to volunteer for a while and had the chance to sit in on a middle school class, with Mrs. Jackson, and left blessed. She teaches with such passion! Her students were not merely a captive audience, they participated! They were engaged. This experience gave me something to look forward to! My son is in the 2nd grade now...but I eagerly anticipate his every progression! There's so much Christ-centered wisdom, knowledge, affection and love in this building, there is no place I''d rather be!
Endorse Emmanuel Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.