Especially For Children
- At Especially For Children, classes are offered to children ages 18 months to 36 months of age, in a Montessori environment.
- Children are encouraged to explore, discover and initiate in a safe, loving environment.
- The goals of our program include allowing each child to experience the love of learning, by taking advantage of what Maria Montessori described as "sensitive periods of learning" various skills and concepts.
- Specific goals of our program are to develop independence, enrich language, refine developmental coordination and sensory discrimination, and to develop curiosity and cognitive skills.
- We provide an ordered and aesthetic environment designed to supplement the home environment, which supports the growth of independence and self-confidence.
- We believe this environment will free children to learn. Especially For Children shares its campus with Indian Harbour Montessori, our private Elementary School for Kindergarten through the 6th grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Contact school for tuition cost|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Titusville Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
1400 N Us Highway 1
Titusville, FL 32796
(321)269-2837 36.1 PK-12
- Merritt Island Grades: PK-12 | 447 students
140 Magnolia Ave
Merritt Island, FL 32952
(321)453-2710 15.4 PK-12
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.