5.00 (3 reviews)
Fatima Payan Photo #2 - Outdoor play in a vast backyard where children run, tumble, explore... where they build their physical self as well as perfect their natural self,
Fatima Payan Photo #6 - A complete full fledge Montessori environment guided by two Montessori teachers, two teachers assistants, a music and art teachers.
Fatima Payan Photo #7 - Learning is so much more meaningful when it is about cooperation, help and caring.
- Mrs. Payan's School is a Montessori small preschool for young children from 2 to 6 years old. It is a beautiful, healthy and safe environment. This fully licensed large family child care is a Montessori Preschool.
- We offer all the trends of a Montessori education but never ignore the benefits of a traditional approach.
- Children are exposed to Math and Language following the Montessori method and using the Montessori materials.
- Objectives of Mrs. Payan's school: to offer an excellent Montessori Education in a beautiful setting, To help the children achieve their full potential using the Montessori Method but not excluding any other strategy, To assist the children in their learning process with a very individualized approach.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
European Council for International Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Atelier, Violin
- Mrs. Payan School offers a preschool Montessori environment.
- It is a bilingual program (Spanish/English).
- A ratio of 4 to 1 insures that nothing is overlooked and that the lessons are highly tailored to the individual child.
- A full day program starts at 8:30 and ends at 3 pm.
- A half day for toddlers is offered from 3 to 6 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. We follow Miami Dade Public Schools calendar.
- "It is a hidden treasure in lush Coconut Grove", said a mom whose three children attended the school.
- Come and let us serve and guide your child's growth and development.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Fatima Payan is Riviera Schools (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 920 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305)666-1856 0.6 PK-12
- Miami Grades: NS | 63 students
3939 Main Hwy
Miami, FL 33133
(305)445-7992 0.6 NS
- Miami Grades: PK-K | 99 students
S 3930 Le Jeune Rd
Miami, FL 33134
(305)445-8918 1 PK-K
This is the third year my child has attended this pre-school and we could not be happier! Mrs. Payan offers high quality academics with individualized attention, music and art lessons, field trips, and a backyard eden with playground and garden. Highly highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - AS
Terrific neighborhood school for our kids -- enriching activities, caring teachers with lessons in multiple languages (Spanish, French), a real hidden gem in Coconut Grove
- Posted by Parent - TS
I had my 5yr old son attend Ms. Payan's school all summer camp. I was thrilled at the personalized attention that he received. He came home every day singing new songs and excited about what he was learning. Ms. Payan helped to work on his discipline and how well he played with others. It was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - super
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.