- Gesu School is an independent Catholic School (pre-K to 8th grade) in the Jesuit and IHM traditions.
- Both of these religious orders believe in providing academic, spiritual and social development so that each young person understands and gives full expression to his or her God-given talents and gifts.
- This mission is carried on within some of the most difficult economic and family circumstances imaginable in the North Philadelphia neighborhoods that are Gesu's primary service area.
- The mission of Gesu school is train for successful high school enrollment, leading to lifelong education, productive careers and leadership roles in society and emphasis on diversity-related educational and cultural experiences to broaden horizons and provide adaptive skills for success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||446 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 906 students
31 West Coulter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-9 | 394 students
2300 W Lehigh Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19132