At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that.Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 studentsachieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instructionmodel it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditionalclassroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, orstudents with special scheduling needs such as athletes andartists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexiblescheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school.Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well aspart-time students who want to remediate or accelerate theirtraditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of socialactivities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fitsyour needs. Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAAapproved.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All classes are customized and one-to-one|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,750|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student with I-pad and 10 classes * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Call 888-HALSTROM to ask about our programs - Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||June Clark|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerlyFutures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle schooland high school that was committed to fostering academic growth andsuccess for all attending students by providing individualizedinstruction on a one teacher to one student basis. Because optimumlearning occurs when the learner actively participates in theprocess, instruction at Halstrom focuses on the student's skills,interests, needs, and learning pace. Students and instructors worktogether to set learning expectations and personalized goals, anddevelop mutual respect for one another. In many cases,Halstrom instructors develop mentoring relationships theirstudents. Students quickly learn to take pride and responsibilityin the learning process. The self-discipline required to workindependently transfers successfully to college and a wide range ofcareers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IrvineGrades: PK-12 | 605 students
5 Federation Way
Irvine, CA 92603
AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 583 students
2200 W Sequoia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
Santa AnaGrades: 9-12 | 2075 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Newport CoastGrades: 9-12 | 518 students
20402 Newport Coast Drive
Newport Coast, CA 92657
IrvineGrades: 9-12 | 787 students
12500 Sand Canyon Ave.
Irvine, CA 92618
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.