Halstrom Academy - Mission Viejo
At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that.Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 studentsachieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instructionmodel it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditionalclassroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, orstudents with special scheduling needs such as athletes andartists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexiblescheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school.Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well aspart-time students who want to remediate or accelerate theirtraditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of socialactivities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fitsyour needs.
- Halstrom is WASC Accredited, UC/CSU Certified and NCAA Approved.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,600|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Call 888-HALSTROM to ask about our programs - Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||June Clark|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook Leadership, yearbook, dance and theatre club,|
- Halstrom Academy campuses are private, college-prep schools that serve students who learn better outside the traditional classroom model. We believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and the lifelong love of learning. On our campuses you will find close-knit communities that foster academic achievement and personal development.
- In education, one size does not fit all. When an instructor tailors a teaching method to the unique needs of each student, the chances of learning success increases exponentially. Halstrom teachers use numerous techniques to present course work in a creative and fun way so that the student retains the information and enjoys the learning process. One-to-one education is a great option due to more individual attention, less distractions, improved communication and increased flexibility.
- Grown from a single campus in 1985, Halstrom Academy now has multiple campuses and is committed to providing education solutions for families throughout California. Majority of our students have gone on to attend well-reputed colleges and universities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Laguna NiguelGrades: NS-12 | 10 students
28062 Forbes Rd, Ste B
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 967 students
1952 West La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
- OrangeGrades: 6-12
4100 E. Walnut Avenue
Orange, CA 92869
- IrvineGrades: PK-12 | 605 students
5 Federation Way
Irvine, CA 92603
- AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 583 students
2200 W Sequoia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.