Holly Grove Christian School
- Holly Grove Christian School partners with families to provide excellence in Christ-centered academics by preparing students to live God-honoring lives.
- We started in the fall of 1976 with nineteen students and have grown to the current enrollment of 540 students.
- For over 30 years Holly Grove Christian School has provided a quality education to the families of the Eastern Shore, offering a traditional program for students in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- During those years we have greatly expanded, but have maintained a commitment to a debt-free school, enabling us to offer affordable tuition rates.
- Today the buildings are all paid for because of people who sacrificed and gave willingly so that we can make an investment in the lives of students.
- HGCS is fully accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Our students consistently outperform other Maryland schools in SAT and ACT testing and in percentage of college attendance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||524 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Physics 1, AP Statistics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1110|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki, blue pants, white, blue, maroon tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Does not include application fee, book fee or bus transportation fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
|Admissions Director||Robin Donnelly|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Field Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.