Holly Grove Christian School
Tel: (410) 957-0222
- Holly Grove Christian School partners with families to provide excellence in Christ-centered academics by preparing students to live God-honoring lives.
- We started in the fall of 1976 with nineteen students and have grown to the current enrollment of 540 students.
- For over 30 years Holly Grove Christian School has provided a quality education to the families of the Eastern Shore, offering a traditional program for students in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- During those years we have greatly expanded, but have maintained a commitment to a debt-free school, enabling us to offer affordable tuition rates.
- Today the buildings are all paid for because of people who sacrificed and gave willingly so that we can make an investment in the lives of students.
- HGCS is fully accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Our students consistently outperform other Maryland schools in SAT and ACT testing and in percentage of college attendance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||552 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Physics 1, AP Statistics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1110|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki, blue pants, white, blue, maroon tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Does not include application fee, book fee or bus transportation fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
|Admissions Director||Christy Scarborough|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Field Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: PK-8 | 114 students
1120 Spa Rd
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410) 269-1955 76.8 PK-8
- Brandywine Grades: K-12 | 11 students
12406 Brandywine Rd
Brandywine, MD 20613
(301) 372-6345 80.2 K-12
- Capitol Heights Grades: 9-12 | 47 students
8601 Ashwood Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
(301) 336-1904 85.4 9-12
- Essex Grades: K-4 | 91 students
1525 Old Eastern Ave
Essex, MD 21221
(443) 772-3447 95.6 K-4
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?