Holy Name Parish School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (617) 325-9338 Ext. 106
- Holy Name Parish School has a special mission that sets it apart from public schools and most other private schools.
- In addition to supporting a complete academic curriculum, our school is a faith community that integrates religious instruction, value formation, and faith development into the academic education of the students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||329 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- FOUNDATIONThe Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston founded Holy Name Parish School in 1953. Today the school is staffed by approximately 60 dedicated lay faculty and support staff. The Sisters of St. Joseph have given us a great beginning and their charism continues to be a significant part of our school. Under our lay leadership, the spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph continues.ACADEMICS & SPECIALSHoly Name Parish School offers students an exciting, faith-based core curriculum from K0 through Grade 6, with a rigorous course of study designed to further academic achievement. Holy Name Parish School is an NEASC accredited school in good standing. Using research based best practices, teachers engage students in units of study that not only build a solid foundation of literacy and numeric skills, but also encourage students to develop critical and creative thinking and sharpen their problem solving abilities.In addition to the core curriculum, students are offered the opportunity to expand their learning through art, music, and physical education. All students from K0 through Grade 6 participate in a Spanish language program. Our newly renovated library offers the students the opportunity to do research projects and to obtain books for reports and reading for pleasure.The continuous upgrade of our computer lab has enhanced our students` educational experience by giving them access to a variety of technological tools preparing them for future challenges. Our new, fully equipped science room strengthens the students` scientific knowledge and provides an excellent environment to explore the many hands-on activities that are provided in the science curriculum. Each classroom is equipped with computers and students are encouraged to work collaboratively on projects to enhance their educational experience.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Roxbury Grades: PK-6 | 401 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
(617) 323-1050 0.8 PK-6
I just wanted to thank all the teachers that taught me the morals and great knowledge of life and religion. The quality and discipline of this schools lessons have proved to be enough for me to be able to truly say, "I can do anything that I am willing to work hard at." My special thanks to the Sisters of Mercy. May God bless all your students and faculty.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - geosy
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.