King's Valley Christian School is a non-denominational, coeducational, day school founded in 1977.
It is located on 10 beautifully landscaped acres just west of Treat Blvd. on Clayton Road.
The school serves kindergarten through eighth grade and is a member school of the Association of Christian Schools International.
Additionally, we are licensed by the State of California to provide care for toddlers age 2 through junior kindergarten.
King's Valley Christian School is fully accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The purpose of King's Valley Christian School is to assist parents in meeting their God-given responsibilities of training and educating their children.
KVCS is committed to excellence in academic achievement and quality instruction.
Concurrently, emphasis on character development, citizenship, and Christian lifestyle are equally important.
The school desires to instill in each student, with the cooperation of home and church, the moral strength, spiritual insight, and academic integrity to live his or her life as a responsible citizen and effective Christian.
Each student is confirmed as a unique creation of God with distinct character and gifts, and each student is deserving of equal attention and care in his or her development.
Our curriculum is Christ-centered, traditional and designed to prepare students of average to above average ability for each subsequent grade and eventually high school.
In the elementary school, the focus is on the basics of math, reading, and writing, which are enhanced by numerous enrichment opportunities.
All students have the opportunity to take computer. Middle school students can take a variety of electives. While KVCS does not teach a specific denominational doctrine, it does subscribe to the basic evangelical statement of faith and is an outreach of Life Church.
This allows the school to minister to families and students representing a broad spectrum of Protestant and Catholic churches in the community.
Our main purpose for existing is to provide a Christ-centered education and outreach by lessons and example with the intent that students will not only learn the best academically, but also be introduced to Jesus Christ and the Christian lifestyle.
Thus, Bible classes are taught daily and biblical scriptures and principles are integrated throughout the curriculum.
Each grade level has a ministry focus in which students learn to assist their own families and others in their community.
This practical application allows students to develop an attitude of community service and "others first," as well as experiencing the relevancy of God's Word for their lives today.
We believe that in order for students to receive the full educational benefits of the school, students and parents must get involved.
At KVCS, students enjoy a wide range of activities such as art, music, drama, athletics, social events, and academic contests for their personal enrichment, experience and fun.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 372 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,770
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
No Parent Work Hours Requirement Extended Care Available Only 1 school-wide fundraiser per year
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Athletics, Chess Club, Fine Arts - Art Festival, Math Olympics, Performing Arts, Speech Meet, Spelling Bee
- Graduates of King's Valley Christian School will be proficient in the following areas:
- 1. Spiritual Growth Students will develop a Biblical worldview by:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the basic tenets of Christianity
- Committing key passages of the Bible to memory
- Being able to articulate the Gospel and explain what it means to be a Christian
- 2. Academic Excellence Students will demonstrate excellent scholarship and develop the tools to become lifelong learners by:
- Performing at or above grade level in each core subject area
- Becoming effective in oral and written communications
- Completing assigned tasks on time
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Reading and responding to a wide variety of literature
- 3. Citizenship Students will demonstrate integrity and responsibility as citizens by:
- Honoring and respecting authority
- Appreciating their peers
- Recognizing civic responsibilities to their community
- 4. Technology Students will demonstrate technological literacy and proficiency by:
- Learning to type correctly
- Learning to effectively research topics using the computer
- Learning to use word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Incorporating the use of technology in diverse subject areas
- 5. Talent Students will discover and develop the talents and individual gifts God has given them by:
- Gaining an appreciation and understanding of performing arts, fine arts, athletics, and foreign language study
- Developing knowledge in each discipline through the application of a variety of theories, methods, and techniques
- Build the confidence necessary to perform in front of an audience, in a competition, or in the community
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kings Valley Christian School cost?
Kings Valley Christian School's tuition is approximately $5,770 for private students.
What sports does Kings Valley Christian School offer?
Kings Valley Christian School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Kings Valley Christian School's ranking?
Kings Valley Christian School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Kings Valley Christian School?
The application deadline for Kings Valley Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kings Valley Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.