Kings Valley Christian School
- King's Valley Christian School is a non-denominational, coeducational, day school founded in 1977.
- It is located on 10 beautifully landscaped acres just west of Treat Blvd. on Clayton Road.
- The school serves kindergarten through eighth grade and is a member school of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Additionally, we are licensed by the State of California to provide care for toddlers age 2 through junior kindergarten.
- King's Valley Christian School is fully accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- The purpose of King's Valley Christian School is to assist parents in meeting their God-given responsibilities of training and educating their children.
- KVCS is committed to excellence in academic achievement and quality instruction.
- Concurrently, emphasis on character development, citizenship, and Christian lifestyle are equally important.
- The school desires to instill in each student, with the cooperation of home and church, the moral strength, spiritual insight, and academic integrity to live his or her life as a responsible citizen and effective Christian.
- Each student is confirmed as a unique creation of God with distinct character and gifts, and each student is deserving of equal attention and care in his or her development.
- Our curriculum is Christ-centered, traditional and designed to prepare students of average to above average ability for each subsequent grade and eventually high school.
- In the elementary school, the focus is on the basics of math, reading, and writing, which are enhanced by numerous enrichment opportunities.
- All students have the opportunity to take computer. Middle school students can take a variety of electives.
- While KVCS does not teach a specific denominational doctrine, it does subscribe to the basic evangelical statement of faith and is an outreach of Life Church.
- This allows the school to minister to families and students representing a broad spectrum of Protestant and Catholic churches in the community.
- Our main purpose for existing is to provide a Christ-centered education and outreach by lessons and example with the intent that students will not only learn the best academically, but also be introduced to Jesus Christ and the Christian lifestyle.
- Thus, Bible classes are taught daily and biblical scriptures and principles are integrated throughout the curriculum.
- Each grade level has a ministry focus in which students learn to assist their own families and others in their community.
- This practical application allows students to develop an attitude of community service and "others first," as well as experiencing the relevancy of God's Word for their lives today.
- We believe that in order for students to receive the full educational benefits of the school, students and parents must get involved.
- At KVCS, students enjoy a wide range of activities such as art, music, drama, athletics, social events, and academic contests for their personal enrichment, experience and fun.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,770|
|Tuition Notes||No Parent Work Hours Requirement Extended Care Available Only 1 school-wide fundraiser per year|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletics, Chess Club, Fine Arts - Art Festival, Math Olympics, Performing Arts, Speech Meet, Spelling Bee|
- Graduates of King's Valley Christian School will be proficient in the following areas:
- 1. Spiritual Growth Students will develop a Biblical worldview by:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the basic tenets of Christianity
- Committing key passages of the Bible to memory
- Being able to articulate the Gospel and explain what it means to be a Christian
- 2. Academic Excellence Students will demonstrate excellent scholarship and develop the tools to become lifelong learners by:
- Performing at or above grade level in each core subject area
- Becoming effective in oral and written communications
- Completing assigned tasks on time
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Reading and responding to a wide variety of literature
- 3. Citizenship Students will demonstrate integrity and responsibility as citizens by:
- Honoring and respecting authority
- Appreciating their peers
- Recognizing civic responsibilities to their community
- 4. Technology Students will demonstrate technological literacy and proficiency by:
- Learning to type correctly
- Learning to effectively research topics using the computer
- Learning to use word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Incorporating the use of technology in diverse subject areas
- 5. Talent Students will discover and develop the talents and individual gifts God has given them by:
- Gaining an appreciation and understanding of performing arts, fine arts, athletics, and foreign language study
- Developing knowledge in each discipline through the application of a variety of theories, methods, and techniques
- Build the confidence necessary to perform in front of an audience, in a competition, or in the community
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: PK-8 | 502 students
4380 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
(925)685-9169 0.8 PK-8
- Concord Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
4977 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
(925)798-3131 1.5 PK-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.