Lavelle School For The Blind
- Lavelle school for the Blind is a multi-cultural educational institution established 100 years ago based on the Catholic tradition and the compassion and dedication of the Dominican sisters of Blauvelt.
- The organization integrates students who are blind and have multiple disabilities, staff and parents in a challenging yet nurturing environment.
- The programs at Lavelle seek to educate the whole child through a combination of developmental and functional strategies.
- as the student progresses, the curriculum accommodates individual changing needs and educational growth.
- all students are prepared for lives as respected adults. Lavelle school develops all students to their fullest potential, and provides support and resources to the students and their parents.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: PK-12 | 269 students
1734 Williamsbridge Road
Bronx, NY 10461
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 939 students
650 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10451
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 488 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
- BronxGrades: NS-10 | 55 students
2008 WESTCHESTER AVENUE
Bronx, NY 10462
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.