Lavelle School For The Blind
- Lavelle school for the Blind is a multi-cultural educational institution established 100 years ago based on the Catholic tradition and the compassion and dedication of the Dominican sisters of Blauvelt.
- The organization integrates students who are blind and have multiple disabilities, staff and parents in a challenging yet nurturing environment.
- The programs at Lavelle seek to educate the whole child through a combination of developmental and functional strategies.
- as the student progresses, the curriculum accommodates individual changing needs and educational growth.
- all students are prepared for lives as respected adults. Lavelle school develops all students to their fullest potential, and provides support and resources to the students and their parents.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 939 students
650 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10451
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 496 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
BronxGrades: NS-10 | 55 students
2008 WESTCHESTER AVENUE
Bronx, NY 10462
PurchaseGrades: UG-PK | 102 students
P O Box 555
Purchase, NY 10577